anyone here in there 30s? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone here in there 30s? anyone here in there 30s?

Unread 02-15-2004, 03:29 AM
anyone here in there 30s?

I completely understand that! I have been housebound 2-3 weeks out of a month afraid to move, cough or sneeze more than I care to remember. Many years..lol. Happy it will soon be over. Planning on getting rid of the weight gain as soon as I am better than normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 05:27 AM
38er's

Wow, there are a lot of us 38ers out there either going to have or have recently had the 38. People have told me I'm too young but I too am ready to live a more normal night. It has been awful waking up to blood stained sheets and even dripping on the carpet before I realised it. I had to wear thick shorts under my gown just to go to sleep and a big maternity pad and super plus tampon. Now that the doc has found some precancerous and very suspicious cells it is confirmed that I'm doing the right thing. I have a six year old boy and had been trying for years for a girl but now I'm at peace with the decision. I want to be a more healthy mum and wife to my son and DH! I'm only two days away now and really looking forward to it. God bless you all, esp. us 38ers!!
Unread 02-15-2004, 05:29 AM

Thanks so mcuh to all the sisters on this forum who have ben brave enough to share their stories . I feel as though Im not alone now .

That means so much .

dont mindf my typos . Its pretty humid right now and I dont hve my glasses on because of this .

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2004, 07:44 AM

I am 38 and having been suffering for 4 years with periods and severe cramps every 3 weeks with the added bonus of them lasting for 2. I've got several fibroid tumors that are about 2 cm. and they have made my uterus the size of 12 week pregancy. You are not alone - older people aren't the only one this happens to. I think that women are active and knowledgeable today and because of that fact we believe that our quality of life is important as well as our own health that in years past we would've ignored. I have a wonderful doctor that has told me every option available and he's willing to wait if that's what I want. I opted for hysterectomy on March 1st (TVH) because that is right for me. My doctor told me that 10 women would walk into his office today with the same symptoms and each would want to try a different option but only I knew what was right for me. I have had multiple ultrasounds - (fibroid have grown and polyps on the last ultrasound) and an endometrial biopsy - will find results on 2/23 during preop. You have found a good support group - I have learned alot and now know different questions I should ask when I go to the doctor and what I should expect before, during and after. My thoughts are with you.
Unread 02-15-2004, 07:54 AM

My wonderful gynae was willing to give me waiting time .. he laid out all the options and I had to agree with him . that even if I went on lucrin to stop my menses to buy me rest time .. iw as only postponing the inevitable .

Nope I said the sooner the better . I was NOT goingto go through the pain again .

mei
Unread 02-15-2004, 12:34 PM

I am 35 and scheduled February 23,2004 for a TAH/BSO, Unfortunately, age doesn't Play a factor in our Illness, It doesn't matter how young or old we are If you are the chosen one( Like all of us here) than we just need to grin and bare it. I have a girl friend who was 11 years old when she had to have a total hysterectomy due to cancer. she never even had a period she was fortunate to find a man who's wife had passed away at a young age and he has 2 beautiful children, she was able to adopt them, she is happy and doing well and she also adopted a 3rd child, ( an orphan boy who lost both parents ) she really counts her blessings she has a beautiful family now and she is now 39 years old. So you see ladies age doesn't mean a thing! we get what we get and that's that! we just have to learn to turn it around to be possitive! Good Luck to all you ladies in waiting and think possitive, Something good will come out of this!
Jo Jo
TAH/BSO FEb 23, 2004
Unread 02-15-2004, 05:56 PM

Hi
I'm 36 and having a tah on the 25th feb 2004
triz
Unread 02-15-2004, 06:45 PM

I am 32. I have my pre-op appt. on Feb. 18. Surgery isn't scheduled yet but they will schedule it at that time.
I have problems with cysts. I had my left ovary removed because of it. Birth control pills don't work either. I am having my remaining ovary and hysterectomy.
It is scary to me too. I don't have any children and I am single but with my condition (PCOS) I would probably have great difficulty getting pregnant anyway. Adoption is ok with me if I would have had kids of my own I still would have probably adopted anyway.
Unread 02-16-2004, 05:50 AM

Hi, I am 34, single, no children and my surgery date is March 2 for fibroids. I had a myomectomy 5 years ago almost to the date and the fibroids came back and are even worse than before.
Unread 02-16-2004, 08:41 AM

I am 34 and going in for a TAH on the 24th of February due to endometriosis. I fealt that I was too young, but then I decided that I am tired of dealing with the pain and all the pain meds.

My doctor suggested that I have a hyst 2 years ago, but I put it off, and I got a new baby out of the putting off, so I am happy I waited.

Good Luck,

Tara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register