ANOTHER date! sheesh!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ANOTHER date!  sheesh!! ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

Unread 02-22-2006, 07:23 PM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

Well, I got a call from the hospital today and I have another surgery date. This is the third change and I just can't stand it. At least this one is a little closer, March 22.
I go into my pre-admission clinic tomorrow at the hospital for all the blood work and lessons on what to expect before, during and after. I think this has me more freaked out then the surgery right now. Reading all the posts from everyone on this site is definitely helping.
My doc is still on holidays so I can't even get hold of him to find out the particulars and have him answer any question I might have. For example, I really am not sure what exactly the problem is just that it is urgent and needs to be taken care on immediately. YIKES!! I have actually made an appt with my general practictioner for tomorrow and hopefully the other doc sent him copies of the problem and he can explain some things to me.
Thanks for listening, once again, and I will keep you posted on the surgery date.
Blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2006, 10:45 PM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

I'm sorry your date keeps changing! I can imagine how frustrating that can be. Hopefully, this is it and the third time is the charm! I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!

s, Deb
Unread 02-23-2006, 06:40 AM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

Hi Trabel..l had my date changed as well,l was supposed to go in on valentines day and now its march 2nd.lt is annoying when they change the date,l hear ya there!Just think positive!it will be over soon and you'll be on the road to a healthier you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2006, 06:47 AM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

I'm sending good wishes that the third time is the charm and that all your questions are answered by your drs.

s
Unread 02-23-2006, 08:56 AM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

Hi Trabel,
I don't think the doctor's realize how much stress they add when they are concerned enough to take a particular action - more tests or changing dates etc. I have had a problem not getting results back in a timely manor and lost a lot of hair waiting. They need to keep the patient informed - even if they don't feel that it is urgent to share the information, not knowing eats away at us!!!
I will pray that you get some answers and things are explained well.
Unread 02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

Hi Trabel, so sorry they are playing with your nerves so much! Hopefully this is the last time they are changing your date!
Kayakswithdogs: hey we're both on the same date (19 days to go!).
Good luck everyone, we are soon to be princesses. Hugs....Frenchie
Unread 02-23-2006, 04:05 PM
ANOTHER date! sheesh!!

Thanks everyone. I had my pre-admission appt today and it went well. I, too, will get to use the fleet enema. YAHOO!! (ok, maybe not), but at least I know some of what's going on. I am definitely have a TAH and I will get to keep the ovaries. Unless of course they are covered in cysts. So now, unless the date changes one more time?!?!, I only have 27 days to go. Now that I've put the number down, it seems like forever from now!
Oh well, guess on the bright side I do have a lot more time to get my things in order. Hubby and I start a new career on March 13 so there will be a lot of changes coming all at once so more prep time will be a blessing.
Thanks again and blessings & prayers to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register