8 days to go....very, very nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days to go....very, very nervous 8 days to go....very, very nervous

Unread 03-08-2006, 06:57 AM
8 days to go....very, very nervous

Hi ladies,, not long to go for me either. I did the nesting cleaning about 3 weeks ago,, and guess what? you can't tell. My DH will help with about anything if I ask but he has his hands full with other issues at the moment. He did say he would help next thrusday morning go through the whole house with me,, steam clean rugs and wash some walls. I won't be able to leave the house anyways because of a double bowel prep...arghhhh
I have made it perfectly clear to my DH and kids that if they don't keep things picked up I will have a sleep-in and not leave my room, and they will not be allowed in. I don't expect perfection, but I can not deal with dirty clothes laying around, dishes, or toys and games spread everywhere. When my house gets cluttered I fell clostrophobic and get a little crazy. My DH is very aware of this, and will do what he can to avoid it lol.
MY DD and I are going to do some shopping next wednesday, shes going to take the day off from school. My DS and I will spend the day together on Saturday because my DD is going to the AWANA olympics with her dad. I can count on one hand the amount of nights I have been away from my children, its the only real fear I have. The last time I was gone for more then a night was when my son was born, I had to be wheeled to the emergency room to be with my DD who was 3 and had to have stitches for a dog bite!! Seriously trying not to over dramatize my fears lol.
Best wishes to you deb
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2006, 07:13 AM

9 days into my recovery and well-ensconced in my home, I have to say how surprised I am that I'm nearly fully (underline, NEARLY) functioning and that I can now bend down and reach anything on the floor, incl the ceramic dog bowls. I agree with the others here that one should let go of their high-cleanliness standards post-surg. After all, who will you be entertaining? Even if you have a visitor or two, they're related to you and/or they're good enough friends to forgive you a little dust.

I am doing laundry. I am cooking (tho still not really hungry, so I'm happy I froze a dozen pre-made dinners). I can vacuum, but still play it like I can't (and get my husband to do so). I'm up & down the stairs, but am VERY careful not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. You'll be surprised at your recovery. It's been refreshing to feel this whole so soon.

Hang in there! And good luck. - connie
Unread 03-08-2006, 09:42 AM

Bless all you Ladies !
I am 4 months out and life is so good. I really mean that. I had a TVH , rested well for several weeks. I was very ,very scared before my hsyt, like most are. I made it and I am truly blessed. Remid yourself that you need time to heal completely, even if you feel good, The healing is still going on. I wish all of you the very best !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register