LAVH 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Did I do too much? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy: Did I do too much? 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Did I do too much?

Unread 05-03-2021, 10:57 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Did I do too much?

Hi guys

I am new to this forum. I am now at week 3 post surgery and I did some cleaning at my dad’s for 45 minutes or so this Sunday (counter cleaning mostly). Now, my belly hurts. No bleeding. I know that I did too much. I am very scared that I injured myself? Is that possible? I got back to stay in bed and won’t do it again but I just hope I did not harm myself...

Thanks in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 04:34 AM
Re: Did I do too much?

it's doubtful counter cleaning caused any injury. if you aren't bleeding, it sounds like maybe you did a lot of stretching. you should be moving/walking and not staying in bed as you recover.
Unread 05-04-2021, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedupinblue View Post
it's doubtful counter cleaning caused any injury. if you aren't bleeding, it sounds like maybe you did a lot of stretching. you should be moving/walking and not staying in bed as you recover.
Thank you very much for your kind reply. I did scrub quite a long time though, but I will take your word and try no to panic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 06:13 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Did I do too much?

and

As one Sister here has wisely said, "Everyone at some point in their recovery learns that the body still cannot handle what the mind thinks it can!" If you're asking whether you did too much, you likely did. Wiping counters normally wouldn't be too much - but scrubbing may indeed engage your core much like sweeping, mopping, vacuuming would. The force used in pushing-pulling motions is much the same as what's used in lifting, and we're restricted on how much we can lift after surgery.

Usually all that's needed is a day of rest. It's okay to get up and move around, get something to eat, shower, go get the mail - but otherwise, find a recliner, prop your feet up, and take care of you. Let others who are not 3 weeks out from major abdominal surgery do the cleaning.

Some resources to guide you through these first weeks, including a few on what's acceptable for housework - and what's not recommended:I'd also like to invite you to connect with your Recovery Thread for women who had surgery the same week as you at Recovery Progress Reports for Apr 05-11. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and keeping one another company.

Unread 05-04-2021, 06:49 AM

Thank you so much for your support. I wish I would have found this community sooner. Maybe I would have done less
mistakes. I have to say that at my hospital (Canadian) I was not provided with much details on what can and cannot be done.
I guess it’ll take a 2nd day of rest for me

Didie
Unread 05-04-2021, 11:21 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Did I do too much?

Successful recoveries include doing a little more everyday, within doctor’s restrictions, common sense and listening to your body.

Doing too much one day and staying in bed for a few days after that is not the way to go unfortunately

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register