Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hey curly
wow, a trip to florida, that will be cool! i was wondering about that, travel i mean, are you cleared to travel that soon after surgery? i didn't know. i hope you are ready and that it will be a wonderful treat for you after all this!
i agree with you about the tiredness. i woke up this morning feeling great and i am worn out without doing much at all. i am going to church tonight (for about an hour and a half) and am hoping i won't be taking too many steps backwards. Saturday is my birthday and we have an easter egg hunt at church that i would like to attend.
i have been having some right leg pain the last two days, i feel like it is radiating from the pain on my right side..hoping for that to go away soon
have a great day
marta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Hi Mew, Happy Birthday!! And hope your pain is all gone very soon!!

My Doc says that I am ok to fly long haul at 6 weeks, which is the date I am going. Also he says my scar should be fine to swim by then.
Hope he is right!!
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:11 AM

thanks for the birthday wish! my pastor has been teasing me because its my 40th ( for his 40th we did a roast for him and i gave him a mug with the worst picture i could find of him and happy 40th birthday). but what he doesn't get is that i am not freaking out about turning 40. besides all this pain and this surgery, i feel great for 40 and think i don't look it at all. my kids and my youth group help keep me young!!! lol. so, i am not having a hard time with it at all. ....i am proud to be 40! now if i could just lose weight!! anyway, have a great day!! woohoo, you will get to swim!! that will be fun. i can't wait just to take a bath. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Ha!! I am 46!! but only feel 30!!!!
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM

I had a TAH on February 19th. I was discharged from the hopital on Feb. 22. I had a difficult time in the hospital with extreme gas pain and did not have a BM until I was given an emema. Once I got home I continued to have extreme gas pain. I do have Gerd and IBS. I am taking meds for these conditions but still have a lot of gas and pain. Is any one else experiencing this ? The gas pain is worse than the pain from the surgery. I have been walking five minutes a day and very tired afterwards I am doing HRT but still very irritable, moody, sensitive and having some hot flashes. My belly is still very swollen. I am waiting for my belly band to arrive.
Unread 03-12-2008, 03:47 PM

just checking in after a short ride and then standing and walking for almost an hour and then the short ride home, had to lay down immediately. Not pain, just blah and wiped.

Saphire79 - I had some bladder issues before the surgery and for a week or so after--felt like infection but doc said give it time it was probably the surgery--being roughed up from all the cutting and tugging she had to do around it. She was right, it went away after about 2 weeks. Mine never got worse though, so try posting your question on the questions part of the forum--you'll get better info there.

Good to read most of us are doing better each day---and I hope those who are having a tough time are encouraged by the thoughts that it should get better soon. Seems like it's not a smooth road, but overall it's getting easier to do things. Hang in there, we've done a lot to make ourselves feel better in the long run, it's just hard for do-ers to sit back even when our bodies say so!
Jett,
Sounds like you have a plan--I agree with the advice to have a plan B though--if I take an umbrella it never rains!
Happy Birthday MEW! 40 was a good birthday and year for me, I hope it will be good for you too!
Curlywurly yell hi out the window when you get to Florida!
Kim
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
22 days post-op

Good evening ladies,

Hope this post finds you all doing well. I didn't have any big wins today other than my daily walk of an hour. My speed is increasing which is a good sign I suppose.

I'm really in a funk though. I find my emotions are just 'flat' ?! I have no laughter, no tears, no feelings, just nothing really..isn't that odd? I know I would have normally been preparing to start my period on the 14th, so that may have something to do with it but I think I am getting depressed..

Is that possible? I haven't heard from anyone and just think that I could sit in the house all the time and nobody would notice.

I find I'm quite dizzy whenever I stand up for a few moments and need to hang onto what is near, but then I'm fine. I do have a sore throat and that doesn't feel too good.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for all of us.
Unread 03-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Frustrated after three weeks

I had TAH, including lymp node removal 2/18. After pain meds one day Diladid, then Darvocet, now just Ibuprofen. I had virtually no pain till this week. My thighs are both numb at the top and my incision was glued - no staples or stiches. I find bladder and bowel movements are painful and my groin is so sore. Saturday night had pain cramps like a period or bowel. I work from home and sitting up all day is not good. I have been active going to the flea market Sunday wiped me out.

I guess I thought I should feel better and it seems to be going backward. And the Swelly Belly thing is terrible, I just hope it does not stay that way. Seeing the GYN in the am and the surgeon next week for the one month follow-up. I have not seen the surgeon sonce discharge.
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Hi all, Well this is my second attempt to post this morning. I had nice post all written out & decided to google some info for it and lost the lot!!!!
So here goes again.

My remarkably easy recovery hit the wall yesterday and i found myself only going half steam ahead. Isn't it always the way that when you think that your invincible, your ambitiousness comes back to bite you on the bum.

Now I'm up for a total day of R&R. And I too, Cynthia, have woken with a very sore throat. Just another little something to look forward to over the next few days. LOL
By the way, one of my best friends here in Tasmania is a Canadian girl (from Winnapeg) Quite a long way from you I know. She has wonderfull stories of hot summers and freezing winters of her childhood. I find it hard to imagine living through such extremes of temp. Temp. variations here are between 35c in summer to lows of -2c onight in winter. Only manage to see snow on distant mountains for about 1 week if at all where I live. And I still complain about the weather.

Welcome to all the new ladies that have also posted recently. I hope you find this sight as helpfull as I have. I wish you all a speedy recovery.

Good luck for another restfull day.

Molly
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:08 PM

Hey Dans_wife:

I feel the same way - since the beginning of the week, I've been pretty unmotivated. I do get out and walk a bit, but it seems like all I want to do is lie down and watch TV.

This morning, a friend of mine came to visit for a couple of hours. It was great talking to her, catching up on things. But then afterwards, just talking to her (though we were both very animated and jovial) totally wiped me out! There's a Lenten penance service at my church this evening that I penciled-in to attend; I'm hoping to get a little more motivated to go.

As far as my emotions are fairing, Sunday I was getting pretty worked up - crying sometimes at the drop of a hat. But as the week has gone on, nothing. This, too, is around the same time Aunt Flo comes and visits for me. Flat, like you say. I guess this is par for the recovery phase. I think the best thing to do is to do something; I don't want to get to the point where depression starts setting in and by then it can start to become a real problem.

Hang in there....I know it will get better!

As for our prayer warrior mew68 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! They say "40" is the new "30" - and being 5 years into it now, that is definitely true!

Hope my other sisters are doing well, also!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register