Golytely | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-26-2004, 03:53 AM
Golytely

Have to do this today. Surgery tomorrow at noon. Any thoughts about how long it might take to be done with it? Wondering when to begin. Dr. said I could wait until 4 or 5 but I want to be able to settle down to sleep tonight!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Golytely

I had Nulytely. I started drinking it at 5 pm and was asleep by 9 pm. For me at least it worked fast and was all over by 9 pm.
Unread 12-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Golytely

Hi, when i had to do the Golytely I started it at 4 pm and was done by about 9 also. Now, sleeping was still not real possible, I just couldn't seem to settle down .

Best wishes, I hope that you can get some rest.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 03:09 PM
I did golyetly

You may have already started it but thought I would share as well. My first 'go' was one hour after the first 8 ounces went down. I had to drink 8 ounces every 10 minutes and was given anti-nausea meds to take before the golytely.
I drank the stuff for about hour and 20 minutes til I knew I could stop (clear coming out). I did liquid fast for 1 and a half days before golytely WITH my Dr's knowledge as I have no other medical issues and can fast safely. So I was already cleaned out somewhat. I hope you got some diaper cream and I have read hemmoriod cream works, too. I used diaper cream. After the 1000000th time of going and wiping, is painful.
Keep in mind when you are tired of 'going' and it hurts b/c you have wiped so much from going, this starts the surgery process and you are now on your way to being period free and free from whatever your reason for having the surgery. This helped me.
My last time 'going' was about 3 hours after the first 8 ounces went down so mine did not last long but I was already somewhat cleaned out from the liquid fast.
Praying for a speedy recovery for you, Princess to be!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register