New Women in 2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Women in 2008 New Women in 2008

Unread 12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
New Women in 2008

Now that we are going to embark on a new stage in our lives due to having had or soon to have surgery, what is your promise to yourself as you start 2008????

I am going to try to love myself enough to take responsibility for the "new" me. I didn't ask for TAHBSO, however, I will take what life has given me and make the best possible informed choices to take the best care of me that I can..... I think if I can do this, all good things will radiate from there....

Happy New Year to all of my sisters.....

Celebrate your uniqueness and our strengh as women....the best is yet to be....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 08:50 PM
New Women in 2008

I promise to continue to unconditionally love myself, including caring for my health, learning about my newly changed body.

In the last 2 years, I've divorced an abusive man, had back surgery, and now this. There have been a lot of life lessons that could have been avoided if I'd have learned to love and respect myself in the first place.
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
New Women in 2008

Well, I have to say that spending so much time at home has caused me to do a lot of soul searching. I'm really thinking hard about what I should really be doing w/myself, my life, etc.

I LOVE teaching, but it has been so stressful this year, I just don't know what to do.

As for what I'm going to do this year, I'm going to start making decisions based on what's best, most healthy (emotionally & physcially) for me and my family.

Cheers, ladies! And Happy New Year!
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
New Women in 2008

Grania -

Me too!! It will be 2 yrs for me in April 08 since I left an abusive relationship. Starting over is SO hard and scary but my hyster was step two in creating the kind of life I want to live for the rest of my years.

My resolutions are to find a way to love myself and build my self esteem and to learn how to trust people again. I didn't realize the extent with which I had built huge walls around me until recently. I need to break those down!!

Happy New Year!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
New Woman 2008

I am going to learn how to live without having to schedule around my periods or worry if I can actually do certain things due to low energy and blood levels. I am going to challenge myself to do at least one thing I've put off or thought I couldn't do.
And I am going to find a really cool sword to battle the Hormone Jungle.
I also put up a smilie on my bathroom mirror to remind me to start and end each day with a smile no matter what the day is like.

Courage does not always roar sometimes its that quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."
Unread 12-30-2007, 11:08 PM
New Women in 2008

"I also put up a smilie on my bathroom mirror to remind me to start and end each day with a smile no matter what the day is like".

That is an awesome idea. I am going to devote my self to becoming healthier. And, no not one of those resolutions about losing weight and all that. Losing weight wouldn't be bad, but this is a forever change a life quest. Since the surgery I have had a lot of hip/back problems. I recently started going to physical therapy + Pilate's. I love it and it really helps. The dr is so cool and has motivated me in so many ways to be kinder to my body.
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:29 AM
New Women in 2008

I will try to remember that I only get this one time around. I lost my sister in Oct. '07, she was only 47. She, like myself, always put everything and everyone before herself. Things she wanted, or wanted to do, got put off, until they became just a dream. She left this world with regrets of things undone. I will try harder to do what I want, to go where I want, to get what I want. I am the only person who can truly make 'me' happy.

An unhappy me is not pretty. Just ask my DH! LOL!
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:30 AM
New Women in 2008

I have put off so many things due to the periods and the extreme anemia. Even things I love to do!

So, I am going to be more active, socially and physically. I am going to go to the pool this summer! I am going to scrapbook. I am going to take my vitamins. I am going to start each day with a walk. I am going to feel so free....
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
New Women in 2008

I want to find the me before the hyster. again. I am trying to find the nerve and cockiness I had. I am not naturally timid but that is where I am right now. I run my own business, and I am determined to find the girl who started the business and get her back out there again.
It takes work not to lose yourself in all the changes I bodies are forced to go though. I am determined to learn Pilates this year and get certified to be an instructor. And then open a studio to teach it.
I have thought for years someone should do it, and I finally decided why not me, so I am. There is a certification program 30 mins. away so that is what I want to accomplish in 08. Stick yourself out there, that is what I keep telling myself. You ladies come on out there. I find they don't bite.
Unread 12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
New Women in 2008

Great ideas ladies! I like rebelle's definition of courage, I like HouseMD's suggestion to take the time to do the things you WANT to do (I love the pool and scrapbooking too!), and I've been wanting to try Pilates myself.

And Bulldoggrl, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. She obviously was very young. So I'm glad that in her memory you're going to be the best YOU that you can be!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register