sick/cold/allergies??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sick/cold/allergies??? sick/cold/allergies???

Unread 11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
sick/cold/allergies???

Hi sisters!

My surgery for a hysterectomy is scheduled for Thursday November 10th.
Yesterday I started having a scratchy throat, coughing and clearing my throat. I don't really have a sore throat, but I do have a little drainage and runny nose. No fever as far as I know.
I have put a call into the surgeon and waiting to hear back. I'm really hoping this is not cause to cancel/reschedule my surgery. I've waiting and put myself through torture worrying about the surgery, and finally got to a point that I felt good about everything and now this happens.
Just needing to know if anyone else had experienced this prior to surgery and if you had to reschedule it due to a cold?

Thanks in advance,
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Re: sick/cold/allergies???

I'm anxious to hear what she says. I've still got two weeks but have a head cold right now and have been worrying over the "what-if" I get sick scenario... Hope you get good news.
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM

Doctor's office just called back, he is calling me in a perscription for z-pac to start. Thank goodness!
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:41 AM

kbid,

I hope you feel better soon! That was one of my worries as well and here I am, 4 days out from surgery. Hopefully this will kick it in the bud! If you do feel sick prior to surgery make sure you call your doctor, don't try to remedy it on your own, check with him/her first.
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM

I am also scheduled for Surgery 11/10 and have a bit of a cold. Saw the Dr. Friday and she said unless I am extremely ill all will go forward as planned. Feeling better today so all is good.
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:25 PM

Me too - just not feeing all that well today - nothing I can put my finger on though - headache - hot feeling in my lungs- no cough - no runny nose - might just be stress and worn out. Surgery is Friday - and preop is tomorrow - so, I can have the doctor answer that question for me too.
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Hi Ladybug613 and Arabrider, today I'm feeling better than yesterday! I've been taking my antibiotic and drinking hot green tea! Seems to help and a little honey for the scratchy throat. I hope I continue to feel better through out today and tomorrow.
I will be thinking about you both and will talk to you on the post op page soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register