Bi-polar help??**kids mentioned** | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bi-polar help??**kids mentioned** Bi-polar help??**kids mentioned**

Unread 02-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Bi-polar help??**kids mentioned**

I have no fingernails left! Really! I just chewed them to nubs today out of nerves and stress. I haven't touched them since my divorce. I'm not sure if i am supposed to re explain each time but the short is stage iv endo suspected adeno and with have a TAH on march 6th since the pain has not stopped in months and i am now limited to walking from desk to potty and back to my desk. This is going from walking 1-2 miles a day.
I'm not in perfect shape but have managed to ballon up 20 lbs in 6 months, my hormones are nuts. During the 6 months of lupron I had 7-8 periods and never ending pain. i have severe scarring from 2 emergency c-sections and adhesions. I also have bi-polar and and a single mom of 2 young boys with no father and all of a bf and friend who are willing to come over and help out for a couple of weeks. I hit my limit today when i have had my fill of everyone wanting me to help them and I snapped yelling it was MY DA*N TURN! Unfortunattly this person was my mother and I'm still getting flack from my out burst.
I assume it is the barrage of pain meds, bi polar meds and homones driving me nuts but I don't think i can deal with much more of this. I have no motivation to go to work except that i have to. The vicodine I'm taking is making me hyper to a point my other dr wants to put me on seriquil. That would take me up to 5 things i take every day.
not that i will find anytone on here that has bi-polar but has anyone had luck with symptoms being reduced after hyster? i am supposed to keep the ovary but i wonder if it is better to lose it? Anyone want to weigh in? Thanks
So far you goys are the only ones who hasn't asked me to shut up yet. everyone else is tired of hearing about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Re: Bi-polar help??**kids mentioned**

Hi Sugar,
Guess what?... I have type 1 Bi-Polar and I'm 3 weeks out from a TAH and I know exactly what you are talking about, The pain was severe presurgery I took so much pain meds and I cried all the time, I rapid cycled to Manic because I get to have the pain stop. then back to tears. I snaped at everyone, I felt like I was always on edge and everyone got on my nerves. Thank god they all know about the Bi-polar and ignored me. My preop Dx was hyperplasia with atypia (pre cancer) post op it was cancer! they took everything out. I have had very mild menopause symptoms, and my bipolar meds are working better now than they ever have. I take Prozak, Welbutrin, Neurontin, Clanazopam (Klonipin)and Zolpadiem (ambien). That said I have the best Hubby and friends they keep me from over doing it, and my house is clean! so look foward to that and some serious pampering from your friends Big HUGS TO YOU you are not alone. If you ever need to talk to another B-P I am here little sister!
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM

Thanks for asking this. I have bipolar disorder too and have been worried about how surgical menopause will effect my moods. My surgery is scheduled for a few weeks from now. Its reassuring to read the response that it hasn't been too much of an issue. My psychiatrist says I am at increased risk of relapse from the hormonal changes but I have decided to go through with the surgery anyway.
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Well I cannot relate personally to your specific situation. But I am very familiar with bipolar disorder and the effects it can have on you and your family. My mother has it. And without going into those details because this is not a bipolar site, I just wanted to tell you that I will be thinking of you and praying that things get better for you. It's struggle enough to deal with the one issue but let alone have all of this on your plate too. I wish you luck!
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:21 PM

I understand that this is not a bi-polar site but female hormones contribute the most when it comes to the bipolar and a hysterectomy can become the most damaging or your best friend for those of us who have delt with it all our lives. My bi polar was not diagnosed till I was 24 because my symptoms were instead categorized as hormones. Turns out it was both. I hope you find relief if you are having a hysterectomy. I an keeping the ovary for now but being void of estrogen for 6 months was the best thing to ever happen to me. I wish she would just take it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register