Frustrated and annoyed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated and annoyed! Frustrated and annoyed!

Unread 08-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Frustrated and annoyed!

Im frustrated and annoyed with my docter to say the least! I was scheduled to have surgery yesterday morning, At 4:30 the afternoon before, the hospital calls to tell me not to come in. They say something is wrong with my EKG but cant tell me what as only my docter can tell me but he is unavailable and the hospital canceled. My docter is in surgery all the next morning so no info until 1:30. Still cant talk to docter, he has his assistant call me and tell me that the EKG showed that at some point I had a heart attack ( no way to tell when though I do have a couple of good guesses between 13&14 years ago) so they wont do surgery until I get a complete cardiac workup. Im,justifiably upset at this as Im in a world of hurt already from waiting much to long to start procedures, I am also incapable of working (I appear ready to deliver a child from big fibroids and believe me it is not comfortable)and now they are delaying my "back to work" date by a month). so didnt think to ask what I worked on all this morning. Occured to me to push for a provisional surgery date rather then trust the whimms of fate to be there when I had my cardiac report in hand. Spent all morning but finnally got an assistant to get an answer out of him (I stiill havent spoken to my docter directly) and he told her to assure me that as soon as he has the report in hand that he will do it on a lunch hour, that I dont need to be scheduled ahead. This makes me feel good enough(evan though its still a long wait) that I go to town for some groceries that we need. When I get back I found out that assistant has called again and says that I have anouther pre op with doc on Sept 7 and my surgery is scheduled for Sept 13!!! I really didnt think that I could make it to yesterdays surgery date, now there is almost a full month more. I dont know how Im going to be able to take it. The constant pain and queasyness is really dragging me down. Its just gone on much too long and im purely worn out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Frustrated and annoyed!

Hi Starchild, I feel so bad for all that you are having to go through with this. I can't say I know how you feel because I don't, have not had it happen to me. I think the doctor did the right thing to make sure you were able to undergo the surgery it is a major thing and very stressful on the body and heart. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, good luck to you.

s

Riana
Unread 08-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Frustrated and annoyed!

I'm so sorry that you've had this setback and are in so much discomfort. But, it really is in your best interest to be careful and check everything out so that you can have the safest possible surgery and recovery.

Maybe your dr can suggest something to help you get some relief during your extra wait. Please call and ask

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers that all will go well and that you can have a pain free future.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register