Anyone?? I am scared to death... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone??  I am scared to death... Anyone?? I am scared to death...

Unread 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Anyone?? I am scared to death...

Hello all, I just got my news today... Hysterectomy on March 28th... just 26 days away..I am 40 years old. 2nd marriage now 8 years and holding..lol.. I have 2 son's, ages 19 1/2 and 12 1/2 from 1st marriage. I have had the `pleasure` of having one naturally and one c-section. Now, Endemitriosis, very heavy bleeding,large fibroids, and SEVERE cramping and sharp pains almost 24/7. On 12/15/06 I had a D & C as well as a Uterine Ablation that made c\ramping worse... I have gotten fat in the past few months, so unfit it's gross, and I think due to the mood swings and pain, I have alienated myself from family & friends. I stay home all the time and I now stink as a Mom.

Has anyone else felt like this or just felt so alone??? Any replies would be appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 04:53 AM

Good morning, I know exactly how you are feeling since I was pretty much in the same boat. That was until my hyst on nov 14, 2003. That was the day that I took my life back!!! I had suffered very heavy bleeding for 10 and 12 days, stop for a couple and then right back to the same thing. I too had the ablation done 1 year prior to the hyster and it only made me worse. I had put on alot of weight also but am proud to say that I have 76lbs gone now for almost 3 years! I feel wonderful and I am sure that once you have this surgery and is recovered and can get back to looking after you, you will be able to get a handle on yourself. I found that I was given a second lease on life and I now enjoy my children (9 and 7) more, I have a wonderful marriage with a wonderful husband and I am finally pain free, no bleeding and I could not ask for things to be much better.

This site has a wealth of information and the sisters are wonderful. Do as much research as you can to get your questions answered and look to the future when you do not have to deal with what you are dealing with now. When you have recovered, then you can look at your weight and see what you can do to change things.

I wish you nothing but the best. You can do it! I did and I do not regret it for one minute.

happysoull
Unread 03-02-2007, 08:19 AM

You are not alone in this. I am having cramping 24/7 since January. I have had 2 c-sections and had Uterine ablasion done twice, first time in 1991 and the most recent one was done 6/06. My bleeding stopped completely. Now I have fluid in my tubes and adenomyosis. Which is causing all the pain. From what I have read it was most likly caused by having all this done. Plus my tube were tied 27 years ago.

Being scared is normal, but just look ahead as to how wonderfull we are going to feel after this is done. We can live pain free. This is a wonderfull site for information and support.

Best wishes to you

TAH BSO 3/12/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM

This is a wonderful site with many helpful sisters. It is almost guaranteed that other sisters have been or are going through something similar. Many sisters have written about aunt flo controlling their lives, and you are definitely not alone! I had my hyst 4 months ago. I feel so much better now. Waiting is pretty scary. Try to think positive thoughts about how much better you will be when it is over! As for the weight, I will tell you that I actually put on a few pounds after my hyst. I sat on my butt through all the holidays because of bad timing. Lots of eating, little or no exercise. I just decided not to worry about it until I felt up to exercising again. The weight is now coming off. I didn't want to risk slowing my recovery to exercise. That is just my personal opinion, but I was very aware that I only had one chance to recover properly. I didn't want to push myself before I was ready. Hang in there! You are on the road to a healthier you! HUGS!!!

carrie
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Praying for You!

I totally know how you feel! I am 35 years old and am having TLH on 3/9/07. May remove one or both ovaries --- depends on what they find this time in! I have had 6 laproscopic surgeries over the past 2 years so I have become a pro. For some reason I am so scared of this one. I am in pain 24/7 and life is so hard. Have 2 great boys - ages 14 and 4. Have a DH who is still trying to grasp this whole thing and maintain his control. My doctor is going to give duramorph injection to help with pain. Has anyone heard of this? I think its like epideral. Anyway, I hope it works! I too am scared to death. Maybe we can pray for each other and help to get ourselves through this scary time!
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:37 PM

have gotten fat in the past few months, so unfit it's gross, and I think due to the mood swings and pain, I have alienated myself from family & friends. I stay home all the time and I now stink as a Mom.

Same for me, I just want the world to leave me alone. My kids are teenagers and the world revolves around them and when I am in pain sometimes they just don't get it. Mom thi and Mom that, and it's not that I don't want to I just don't feel like it. I want to feel like it, but the pain just make everything else seem not as important. I hate that. I cannot wait to have my life back! And I really hope that having this Hysterectomy will do that for me and my family.
Unread 03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
New To Site Need Support

Hello everyone. I am 34 yrs old and have always had heavy cycles which have only gotten worse over the last several years. When I had a tubal done 2 yrs ago my gyn suggested to do the ablation to help improve my cycles. I have recently decided along with my doctor to have a hysterectomy this after having an ablation done 2 yrs ago to lighten my cycles (worked for a little while) and we've tried everything under the sun to attempt to regulate my cycles which now last for 7-8 days and then it starts again 2 1/2 to 3 weeks later. The ablation only made my cycles worse. Went to the doctor this past friday due to same problem (only has gotten worse). They did an ultrasound to make sure that there aren't any tumors, cysts or anything wrong with the uterus or ovaries. All looked good. Said that we need to do the hysterectomy and I want to have it mid May (after school's out for me & my sons). If anyone can shed some light on what I should expect & the best preparation for the surgery would be truly appreciated.
Unread 03-03-2007, 09:45 PM

Surely in the same boat...I had twins 2 1/2 years ago (very complicated pregnancy that put me on 25 weeks of bed rest).
I bounced back and was great up until 5 months ago...severe back pain a week before my cycle. Now the pain has been going on pretty much for almost a month. Abdominal pain, clots, ruining underwear/clothes even with protection on.
This past week, I have had some relief without meds (can't take any due to kids/surgery coming up in 3 days).
I been eating like a horse, and not wanting to go out too much. I think it's pre-op depression...I also am PMSing right now. How great is that? All the normal changes are here 2 weeks before I am to start...but just in time for surgery.
Hope this doesn't effect the hormones too much, just about to start my cycle and POOF there goes my uterus. They may take one ovary too!
HANG IN THERE...I think it's temporary pre-op depression/fear.
Thanks and best wishes!!
See you on the other side!
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:35 AM

Hello, I am going in to have my Hyst @ 6AM in the morning. I was wondering how you are doing and especially, how are you feeling? You are in my thoughts and I hope you are past the worst. I hope you are getting all the rest you need. Please take care.

Your Hystersister,
Dawn (Hugmetight66)
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Hi Dawn, I had my TAH & BSO 2 weeks ago and I am happy to say I am doing great. I only take Motrin 600 for any discomfort that i have. I was in far worse pain prior to surgery. I am still not doing anything. DH is taking care of everything for me. I just do my walking around the house and get lots of rest. Having this surgery is a new begining for all of us. Please keep a positive outlook. Life is so much better on this side of surgery...
Hugs to you.
Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register