Scheduled TAH 3 more days and getting forgetful. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 more days and getting forgetful. 3 more days and getting forgetful.

Unread 12-07-2012, 02:38 PM
3 more days and getting forgetful.

My TAH is in 3 days and I have to be at the castle at 6AM. I hope my doctor doesn't have any parties to go to over the weekend. LOL! My co workers gave me hugs and best wishes and when I left the building the water works started. I put on a brave face, heading for the store. This is going to be a tough weekend for me. Even tougher Monday morning when I give my fur babies (cats) a hug and a kiss. I won't see them for 2 days and that will be hard on me. My Mom will be with them.
Will I be okay with my surgery?
Will the 2 days go by fast?
Do you think that I will have complication like the ladies in post-op? I'm healthy and don't have anything wrong with me.
Is a total hysterectomy safe?
Is general anesthesia safe?
What can go wrong?
I have ask the doctor and he assured me that he will take good care of me. I'm really trying hard to convince myself that I will be fine but it's not working. I really should look on the bright side. By spring or summer I will look great. I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Re: 3 more days and getting forgetful.

My surgery is in 5 days and I have all the same questions! I have kept myself sooo busy that the days have flown by! Tomorrow I am getting new carpet installed and running doing errands! I will have dinner with my parents on Sunday and then Monday is my last day of work...the day before I plan on doing last minute straightening up and finish up my holiday preparations...My plan is to exhaust myself so that I may just look forward to getting knocked out and being in the hospital for a few days!!
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty jones View Post
My TAH is in 3 days and I have to be at the castle at 6AM. I hope my doctor doesn't have any parties to go to over the weekend. LOL!
LOL!!! I have a 6 am check in also. My doctor told me if she wasn't cradling her coffee cup that early in the morning, that I should just pull my IV tubes and make a run for it!!! LOL!!! BTW, I have put my sister in law in charge of checking for that coffee cup and making sure to find my Doctor coffee from SOMEWHERE if she doesn't have her cup!!!

I am sure that you will be fine, but I can certainly understand the last minute nerves and fears. And, yes - I am becoming forgetful also. I have always said that the more that I put in my brain - the more of what I used to know that I loose. I have put all this new info about hysterectomies, and cervix-es and ovaries, and doctors and bills, and endo... pretty soon I'm going to forget my own name!!

Best wishes to you and sending speedy recovery thoughts!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2012, 12:43 PM

Good luck to you and best wishes for a speedy recovery, Think and 123.
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:08 PM

123...did you already have your pre-op? Mine is 12-12-12. I hope I have a 6am check in. The longer I have to sit and wait, the more ANXIOUS I will become. Dusty... I too have noticed a distinct "Brain Drain". I've started making all my notes in my phone coz I keep loosing the paper notes that I keep making. Today I'm completely tearing up my bedroom and rearranging. I am taking any clothes out of the drawers that may squeeze my belly and stashing them in the closet, and making ready all my Roomy clothes.

We are almost there ladies...some closer than others. Good luck sisters.
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Mine is Friday. Spent this weekend getting things ready. I even bought new sheets for my bed. My last day at work will be wednesday. Will spend Thursday getting a haircut, wrapping Xmas gifts, getting my bedroom ready, doing laundry, going out to lunch, and, if I can squeeze it in, going to see Lincoln. I'm full of the what ifs. Try to distract myself. It will be here soon.
Unread 12-09-2012, 03:21 PM
3 more days and getting forgetful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycatlady61 View Post
123...did you already have your pre-op? Mine is 12-12-12. I hope I have a 6am check in. The longer I have to sit and wait, the more ANXIOUS I will become. Dusty... I too have noticed a distinct "Brain Drain". I've started making all my notes in my phone coz I keep loosing the paper notes that I keep making. Today I'm completely tearing up my bedroom and rearranging. I am taking any clothes out of the drawers that may squeeze my belly and stashing them in the closet, and making ready all my Roomy clothes.

We are almost there ladies...some closer than others. Good luck sisters.
Yep pre op at the doctors on 12/5 and at the hospital on 12/6. Now it is just the agonizing waiting until the 18th!
Unread 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM

Dusty, waiting is hard. The questions you ask should only be answered by a health care professional. No one can foresee if you will have problems or not, even your doctor. I have been blessed to have had a very easy recovery so far (2 weeks post op now) so not everybody has problems.

I wish you the best.

Pat
Unread 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM

Me too! Running around to exhaust myself! shopped for comfy clothes today. Pre-Op tomorrow, Surgery Thursday.
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM

My surgery is tomorrow. I'm doing a bowel prep today but managed to get all my laundry done today, prepared my bedroom and even took a nap. Probably needed it because I stayed up until 4:30 this morning wrapping Christmas presents! I'm ready to get this over with, but I'm also afraid of what tomorrow holds. Prayers and hugs to everyone else headed for the castle!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register