How Did You Choose Your User Name? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Did You Choose Your User Name? How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Unread 06-23-2002, 06:42 PM
How did you choose your user name?

Just wondering if there's a story behind your user name on Hystersisters?

For instance, my user name, Shashi, came from a nickname given to me 25 years ago when I was just 14 by my little 2-year-old foster brother. Everyone in the family called me "Sissy", but he couldn't say "Sissy". It came out "Shashi" instead. After awhile, the rest of my family started calling me Shashi too, and it stuck. To this day, so many years later, my family still call me Shashi. I haven't seen my little foster brother in years as he was placed in an adoptive family when he was 4 and he'd be grown up by now. But I think of him everytime I hear the name "Shashi."

So how did you choose your user name?

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2002, 06:49 PM
How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Haha, Lisa, I love that story of Shashi! Too cool!

I was given this name by my family about 15 or so years ago. I have to have the latest and greatest gadgets. Kitchen, computer, technology, whatever. Not so much anymore, as I have just about everything now!

It's a name not taken already when I want to register at a forum board...the name just stuck and I hope to get a license plate with it one day!

Sara
Unread 06-23-2002, 08:32 PM

Well...I had just seen Rod Stewart in concert and my absolute favorite song is "Maggie-May." Every where I go on this computer "Maggie" and "Maggie May" are always used so I decided to use Maggie spelled backwards.

eiggaM...Maggie... Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2002, 08:35 PM

My middle name is Katherine. I've always been a Katie to my family.

Sister Katie
Unread 06-23-2002, 10:58 PM

My user name for this site is kind of boring. When I registered I was pretty new to being online, so I went with my first name and first letter of my last name to get EllenM. Now when I register somewhere I like to use Froggiegirl or Froggiegirl62. I LOVE frogs and was born in 1962. Remember that song "I'm a Barbie girl in my Barbie world?" Well, I like to change the words to I'm a Froggiegirl in my Froggie world. LOL

It is really interesting to find out the origins of people's user names. Some (like mine) are easy to figure out, but I was curious about others like Shashi.
Unread 06-24-2002, 03:25 AM

Well, I do like musicals, and I am a librarian... I first used the name in a personal ad.
Unread 06-24-2002, 04:36 AM

My mother in law likes to say that someone is "just being a nervous Nelly" if they worry about things. I really hate feeling like things are out of my control, and my medical situation had me climbing a wall. I cried non stop for the entire month before my hyst last fall. That certainly qualified me as a nervous nel.
Unread 06-24-2002, 09:11 AM
Family History

My mother is Greek and Tilos is a beautiful small Greek Island, not far from Rhodes(which is where I am from). My Grandmother was engaged to a very handsome man during WWII, and unfortunately she got pregnant by him, and in those days and from the old country, that was taboo. This man came from Tilos (population 400). My poor Grandmother's family kicked her out, when they found out that she was pregnant with my Mom. So she went to Tilos, and this handsome man was out fighting a war. His mother took my Grandmother in and my mother was born. The rest of the story is, this man wouldn't marry my Grandmother and somehow after 6 months my Grandmother was able to go back to her family in Rhodes. She never wanted to talk about it to my Mother and not only did my Mother never know her Father, but she didn't know what he even looked like. Finally, two years ago, I went to this Island Tilos to find his family (He died 14 years ago) I found them and they welcomed me with open arms. When the Hydrofoil pulled up to this Island, it took my breath away. The first thought that came to my mind was, Natural Paradise. The colors were amazing to me, the green mountains, the red colored alcove at the end of the island, and the aqua colored waters of the sea was the most magnificent scene that I have ever seen. Finally, my Mother was able to see what her Father looked like, and he was a very handsome man. I made a copy of his picture, and everytime I see his picture, I am heartbroken over my Grandmother's heartbreak. We finally learned what happened to her and I am very greatful that I learned this while my Grandmother is still living. I couldn't wait to see her after I had gone to Tilos and I just wanted to give her a great big hug, and let her know just how precious she is to me.

So as you can see the name Tilos has a very special place in my heart and I hope to go back again someday, and do more research so I can write about this, to let as many people as possible know, just how brave my Grandmother was.

Unread 06-24-2002, 09:44 AM
Hey Cathi,

What a lovely, sad story! Thanks so much for sharing it. I would love to travel to far away places, but probably will never get to, so the next best thing is reading about them. You make it all sound so beautiful. I may never travel there, but I can see it in my mind.

How have you been doing? Recovering well, I hope. I'll never forget that you were one of the first ladies I talked to here at Hystersisters.

s,

Lisa
Unread 06-24-2002, 09:52 AM
Mine is rather boring

jdd ...my intials! (Janet Doubledee)
With all of my brain fog over the years it's the easiest for me to remember
As for my chat name??
Well my Husband is an avid Bass Fisherman and our entire Family enjoys it right along with him...so Bassinfam made sense to me!!
s and s
Janet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register