Scheduled LSH 11 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:12 PM
11 days

hi, I am scheduled to have a lsh and cyst removal on left ovary on March 6th. Is there any advice anyone can give me to help calm my nerves. Im scared and just need to know what can be done to calm my nerves and fears. Thankyou for any advice any one can give me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Re: 11 days

All I can say is you will feel sooo much better when its all over!! I had a very easy recovery, just please take it easy sometimes we think because we have these little incisions that they didnt do a whole bunch on the inside but they did!! The recovery for me was simple because I did follow dr's orders and I did rest and relax and I let the healing take its time and didnt lift etc. The anticipation is the worst part but just think of the outcome and why you are doing this and try and keep busy until your surgery time. Prepare your house for some rest and relaxation and treat yourself well! Maybe try getting a massage a this weekend it might help to relax you, maybe a pedicure? Chamomile tea works good too, helps settle you down. Good luck to you!
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:40 PM

thanks for the advice. It helped alot...
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM

For me it helped to concentrate on getting the house ready for me to be "out" for a month. Everything cleaned, cabinets restocked, shopping done for those easy "pick up" snacks that first week or so.

It gave me something to put my mind to, and I benefitted greatly in the end! :-)
Unread 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM

I'm keeping a journal of what my body is doing, feelings, moods, pains, "Aunt Flow's" visit. I'm trying to dress it up and put a fun twist. (I have 17 days)

Good luck.
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:02 PM

I have 11 days, too. This site has really helped me calm down And making lists and working on the things that need to be done and making plans for things I want to do after recuperating, has really helped. It keeps your mind occupied. Just think about Spring coming and how much better we are going to feel!
Unread 02-25-2012, 04:03 AM

Hi I'm also 6th March, this site has been great, I've got Monday and Tuesday for work and then off till I'm back up too it,,, but taken the time to so I can get my house sorted, working fulltime there are those jobs that you know you should get too but cant find the time, and I know being off and at home and these little jobs will sent me nuts, so my plan is too get thoses all done in the week before so when I come home I'll be a happy lady....sore... but at least not going outta my mind cause I cant do anything...well thats what Im hoping for ...lol...
good luck and see ya on the otherside,

I know I sound like Im going on, but thats my way of getting rid of the nervers, cause I know all you wonderful ladies dont mind....

Takecare
Tina
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Had my Lsh on the 16th and just want you to know that you will do great!
It was so not worth the worry I put into it. By about day 6 I was feeling much better. My incisions are sore still and I need to ice where my uterus use to be every so often but I was off rx pain meds by day two and now take advil if I am having pain. I took my daughter to the store today for about an hour and needed to rest when we got home but overall recovery has been pretty good! Just don't overdue it just decause you only have small little cuts on the outside you have still had an organ removed and you need to give your insides time to heal!

Good Luck
Unread 02-26-2012, 05:19 PM

I am right there with you, I am set for LSH March 7 and I bounce between being nervous, and thinking the day can not get here soon enough. I have been cleaning and doing some stock up shopping.
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:25 PM

I made lists to help me cope with the nerves. What to take to the hospital, questions for the doc, etc. I also found myself taking lots of deep breaths.

I'm doing great, considering. You will too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register