lost it... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:19 AM
lost it...

5 days left & i lost it... my poor hubby! ;( My poor kids...they don' t understand why i need their rooms clean & reading log caught up. I hate putting them out for my piece of mind.
Its almost impossible to celebrate a new year when the first 5 days i'm scared ****less! But i need to get stop crying & stressing for them... How do i turn it off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Re: lost it...

I completely understand! I too lost it a few days before my surgery. I had to be ready for Christmas, have everything wrapped and shipped, and have the house, etc ready. My hubby totally stepped up and got the kids moving to complete their to do lists so I could go in for surgery calm, cool, and collected. I also learned to let a few things go. Hang in there. It's normal to feel overwhelmed. Try to see the big picture. You love your family, they love you, and you are doing this to get your life back. Everything else is temporary. ((((Hugs)))) for you.
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Its ok to be scared and its ok to cry. Sending more (((hugs))) your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 01:59 PM

Tlk112 I know some what how you feel. Our surgery days are the same. I have no desire to celebrate the New Year at all this year. I'm trying to hold it together for my family but the nerves are getting the best of me. I'm working on the house work getting my youngest ready to go back to school the day before surgery. Its all so overwhelming. I'm here for you if you need to talk.
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:35 PM

Thanks ladies...a nap & crying helped. I still feel terrible..my 6 yr old telling me she hates me did it...pushed me over.
Ik she didn't mean it ...
Gave up on their rooms! 5 days & i won't be able to go up & look.
My husband is a saint & still might comit me.

Thanks for listening...
(( hugs back at ya))
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM

We are going to make it ok. My surgery is the 10th. We are all here for each other. Say a prayer, and it will be fine. I'm sure that we are all scared and want everything done beforehand. It's ok if it is not all completed. Hang in there. ((Hugs))!!
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:33 PM

Hi ladies. The waiting is really the hardest part! I too freaked out before surgery trying to get everything done at work and at home. It's very overwhelming. Add to that the doubts about whether I was doing the right thing, and what will I feel like afterwards. All I did was cry. Even though I'm a neat freak, trust me, I couldn't care less about the dust and dirty laundry post op. You are strong, amazing women. You can do this! We'll see you on the other side.
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:46 PM

My surgery isn't until the 16th but I've noticed the panic is setting in now to get everything caught up. But the desire to do is not there. I feel overwhelmed and like I want to just sleep straight through until it's all over. My kidatelier 16 and 13 and are totally clueless even after explaining several times I'll need their help before and after. I asked a good friend to stop in every other day and make sure my house isn't ready to crawl away from being messy. I figure that's the most I can handle right now. if it does crawl away I'll worry about that when I'm strong enuff to deal with it. Ha ha there I vented I feel much better! Thank u hyster sisters!
Unread 01-01-2012, 02:06 PM

I know it's hard - but think of it this way:

The work that doesn't get done before surgery will still be there after and most likely it isn't life threatening - unless it makes your family want to kill you. Relax. If you can't make peace with your dust bunnies, at least call a truce (in our house, with 2 husky/malamutes and 4 cats, we have a lot).

Take care of yourself first and the rest will take care of itself.
Unread 01-01-2012, 02:13 PM

I was exactly the same - and it was worse as we went on holiday for nearly 3 weeks just before my surgery too!!

Of course you are scared - I was too before the surgery. Keep reminding yourself why it is needed and how much better you will feel once you have recovered.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register