Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Unread 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 16-Apr 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko772
Still hanging in there although I'm weepy....even though they left my ovaries. DH ran out for breakfast and I woke up alone in the house...and lost it. I have no idea what happened but all of a sudden I was bawling and shaking...couldn't stop. That'll take it out of you!

How's everyone else? Any new updates on Halfie?
I hope I'm doing this right as far as posting - I'm totally relating to you sister. I keep emailing my DH at work saying I miss him. I think I'm a little overwhelmed at 6 days post op from a TVH (ovaries stayed) and 3 kids that I homeschool. They're great, but I'm up and down in the emotions department. Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Hi everyone - I'm so glad I found all of you! I had my TVH (ovaries intact) on 4/19 in the a.m. went home next afternoon late. 90 minute surgery went well and after the initial drug-induced hours following surgery, I took a little stroll around the hospital floor at 1:15 a.m. Felt great until Monday then crashed. I think the VH gets downplayed somewhat, but honestly, I can't believe what just came out of THERE! I feel like I gave birth, have to lie down quite a bit and don't have energy. I also wake up every morning nauseated and needing to empty my bowels. This too shall pass?
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:23 AM

Hi, well my surgery was on the 4-17th. I am not feeling so good, cant sleep and in pain and just dont feel right. I am very hot....I called the doc and the nurse said it is all normal...I can not wait to be back to normal...lol. I did try to only take ibrophen. Well doc said to take the pain pills since the others were not helping my pain enough. So I broke down and took them, they make me feel so goofy, it that normal?....I was so happy I did sleep 6 hours last night.....that is long for me, since I came home on the 4-20th I would only sleep about 2 hours a night...yeah two hours. Then I still was not even tired to take naps during the day. My husband did take me to the store to get some things and just so I could get out of the house. That was nice...but it was too much I overdid it big time. Oh well live and learn I quess. Well I hope that every one else is doing good and feeling better each day.

I am very thankful for this website, I feel much better that I am not the only one out there. I have had many woman problems for the past two years, now I am sooooo happy that I will not have those any more.

Have a good day! Wishing you all well and a speedy recovery.

Sorry I tend to babble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 04:27 AM

Is it normal to be so emotional?? I have just lost it with my husband after he bought the wrong biscuits, feel terrible and out of control
Unread 04-26-2007, 05:25 AM
question

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty101
I am doing well, except can't think and am tired. Had lots of projects planned for this week. Do think my antierior repair is most annoying- at least I could tinkle well enough to get rid of the catheter. All I am sure of with A & P, particularly, is try really hard not to get constipated. heading to bed, hoping to have a better brain tomorrow-
I had a vag hyster, kept ovaries, so before my cervix wwas out you could see it, about 3 days post op, I got a mirror nd looked, I could ssee my skinup there, i just wondered what it was i was looking at. I took viticin last night at 10/30pm and did not need anything else all night.I got up at 6 am and was feeling some pressure so i took my ib. I was scared of it getting really painful, so it migjt be to early to get off viticin.I hope i poopoo this am, i know it will hurt
Good luck to all those recovering
Unread 04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

I thought it was just me but I can see everyone seems to have the sleep issue. I just can't sleep on my back so I just stare at the ceiling and listen to my husband snore! I have been having like a burning sensation all across my pelvic bone area and sudden twinges. I take it I am overdoing it but just wanted to know if anyone else is having these problems. I just hope I haven't done anything to cause any serious issues. I can't believe it's only been a week feels like forever. My doc said it would be easier than gall bladder surgery--I'm thinking it was a little more complicated than that.

Good luck to all. Thanks for being there it is comforting to know we are not alone.
Unread 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
What a week

I wish I would have found this site prior to my surgery. I would have been way more prepared. I am sorry to hear you are all having sleeping issues! I am still peeing with pain and dealing with GERD. Anyone else having this problem? Hope this finds you well.
Unread 04-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Hi. I am just now getting on the computer for a few minutes. I had my TLAH on the 18th. I woke up with bad pain in my left side. I was told it was normal. I went home and by Friday night it was bad. I waited all weekend and it got worse. I saw the doctor on Monday and she sent me to the hospital for a CT scan of my abdomen. It was all clear, so they determined that it was vaginal bacteria that worked it way into my abdomen. I was taking 2 percocet every 4 hours and it barely helped the pain. I started anti-biotics Monday evening and it's getting a little better. I was told by a friend I might also be feeling nerve damage in my left side. What a week!
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM

Well, it's been one week now since my LAVH w/BSO (no ovaries). I'm starting to feel more myself. I'm black and blue around my bellybutton. I still really have the swelly belly! I wonder how long that lasts?! Still having gas pains and pain with BM. My Climara patch was giving me bad muscle pains at the patch sight so I ripped it off. Lucky me so far no symptoms.

My son had a Dr. appt. today and I went with. Now I'm kinda pooped out. I've been sleeping good. I sleep on my side with several fluffy pillows. That helps a lot! It buffers my belly. Good luck everyone!! I love reading all the responses!
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkbell
I wish I would have found this site prior to my surgery. I would have been way more prepared. I am sorry to hear you are all having sleeping issues! I am still peeing with pain and dealing with GERD. Anyone else having this problem? Hope this finds you well.
Peeing still hurts me too!! Thanks to those lovely catheters. If I remember from my last c-section it took quite a while for that to go away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register