Anyone trying to lose weight before hysterectomy? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone trying to lose weight before hysterectomy? Anyone trying to lose weight before hysterectomy?

Unread 04-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Anyone trying to lose weight before hysterectomy?

Hey. I did the same thing. I wanted to lose weight before the surgery, and not just because I thought it would be better surgery wise. All I had heard was how most women gain weight afterwards and I thought if I had to gain lose some first-ha. Anyways, I gave up sodas and snacks and lost almost ten pounds. Well, on a bright side, I have lost more weight since surgery. Can't explain it, but my eating habits have changed, I no longer crave the things I use to and still don't care for snacks (hope this never changes!) My daughter says that one day I will wake up with a brownie in my hand and not know how it got there-ha! Well, best of luck to you with everything!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2006, 07:38 PM

Shellee, here are some websites that I promised you..

www.DeniseAustin.com
http://www.shapefit.com/stretching-e...s-stretch.html
Let me know how they are and if the websites work.
Unread 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM

Hi Sisters!

Congratulations to you all for all your hard work and accomplishments so far - keep up the good work!

I'm doing the same thing...getting into shape before surgery. I'm already monitoring my calories and working out every day.

I've been doing the fitness thing for many years now, lost 40# about 4 years ago...kept it off...STILL working on that last 20# I think it won't EVER budge...but I will keep trying.

I bought resistance bands a few weeks ago, love those! Also got a stability ball over the weekend. Did one quick set of about 10 different exercises just to try it out. Wow, talk about fast and easy (did find 2 exercises that are too stressfull for the lower belly...so be careful if you try a stability ball). Sunday morning I could barely move! Guess it does work pretty good--LOL Made me feel 'slightly' like I was post-op. I spent all day trying to move around and I could really feel what motions stressed what muscles. It's easy to take it all for granted when we don't hurt (from surgery)!

Keep up your good work! I think it's worth it to strengthen up and maybe loose a few pounds before surgery. I'm also hoping it will help my recovery time and slow down my weight gain later.

here's to success

luv y'all!
Unread 04-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Hi! Good for you preparing your body. I had about 5 weeks before my surgery so I set my mind to eat as healthy as possible (weight loss would be bonus) and to excercise as much as possible figuring that the better shape my body was in - the better it would recover.
I had my surgery last Tues the 4th and the I really am appreciating it now. Pre-op I did bicep and tri cep excercise with 5 pound weights - this really helps as you have to rely on your arms to pull yourself around in bed, etc. I think sit-ups helped because there is support around my incision area, and support for my back which is compensating. Leg squats helped because you can't bend over, you have to squat down - also squat to get up - it feels good to have that strength. Also, the nurses at the hospital mentioned that I didn't use my morphine button much (I used it every 4 1/2 - 5 hours) and it must be from endorphins. Well, I think excercise teachs your body to release those endorphins - it also helps mentally with breathing and adjusting to the soreness. And, you know you aren't going to be moving for awhile so you may as well move now. =) So - that is what is really helping me - I am glad that the "plan" paid off. I wish you good luck with your surgery and preparations and take good care of you! xoxoxoxo
M.
TAH 04/04/06 - adeno in cervix, removal of cervix and uterus

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register