Scheduled LSH the wait is killing me!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the wait is killing me!! the wait is killing me!!

Unread 03-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Re: the wait is killing me!!

Crazycouponlady,

What do they attribute the constipation to? I am a water guzzler, eat a high fiber, low grain diet but still have to take dynamite too often. Some fiber supplements make it worse but some metamucil will help. I would LOVE to be able to take Miralax, but it gives me hives. Even a nutritionist was kind of at a loss. I know low Thyroid and iron can cause it, but what else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2013, 08:04 PM

Omgness, I have been waiting four days for the surgery scheduler to call. The have tried suppository meds and it only makes my pain worse. Ibprofen is no help. Sleep helps. I am ready to at least get scheduled for light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:20 PM

I know what you mean. My wait was for a month. I think I made myself a wreck before i had mine. I really wish I had found this sight before my surgery instead of after. I believe it could have helped me out. I have to say Dec 11, 2012 seemed like it would never come. My recovery has been good. I got to come home the same day as surgery. I am progressing well. Back to work and have no regrets for having had my hysterectomy. This is my experience and it had been good for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM

I also know the feeling I waited almost a month. I drove myself crazy, even lost sleep over it and now that my surgery is 4 days away I feel like I need a few more days to get everything in orde, Lol I can't win I guess.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:59 PM

I am 10 days post op with a LSH. My fibroid was so big it hit my spine, causing AWESOME constipation. Miralax helped with the constipation by softening my stools enough to pass. It does not work right away, but I took it every morning and by day 3 :-) Mix it in water and let it stand for a few minutes, it will completely dissolve by then.
Post op instructions from my Dr. were to take milk of magnesia if no BM by day 3....that stuff works!
Remember, narcotic pain relievers cause constipation.
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:05 AM
the wait is killing me!!

I am going through the same thing! My surgery is April 18th and it feels like I am just falling a part...
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkgarcia86 View Post
My surgery isn't until April 17th or 24th. I'm extremely constipated, I can barely pee.

I feel like the goal is soo far away
I can totally sympathize, but I wish my date was in April...I can barely pee or poop either and so full of adhesions my doc said he will be an extra hour removing all of them. I am slowly watching my lifes supply of blood going down the toilet daily ...and my date isn't until Sept. I am on a list to be done ASAP which means my date isn't even a real date...I could be done sooner or I could be done as late as Sept. Hang in there at least you have a date and I know how frustrating is is when they change things...but the time will fly by.

Ask your doctor for a narcotic pain reliever if they will give you one. I am taking morphine my pain is so bad...and I still have to wait for a date...stupid hospital renovations and hospital opening holding everyone up here...so frustrating. Percocets works well for a lot of ladies...maybe suggest that?? If you OB GYN won't give you pain meds try your GP. Hang in there and sending prayers your way!!

Oh and try 5 ounces of prune juice each morning with breakfast, it will help make your bowel movements alot softer and may help with your elimination problems...I have prune juice in my house at all times and it does help a bit and you don't have to take more meds....good luck!!
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM

I'm sorry y'all are in so much pain. You are on the road to finding relief. I hope your surgeries resolve your issues and that your recovery is a breeze by comparison to what you are dealing with now.

Mine isn't constant, but my chronic constipation does cause pain and throws my back and hip out often, but I think I'm used to it. I am looking forward to not bleeding my ferritin all away. I forget how awful I feel when it gets low. Or I guess I should say that I don't realize how awful I've been feeling until about a month after an iron infusion. I'm on that upside now so I am really looking forward to staying there.
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:07 AM

My surgery is in 23 days now, preop is two weeks from now. They won't give anything else for pain just told me to rest. Hahaha I have two. Kids. Rest is not a familiar term
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:16 PM

I would ask them to reconsider...having you sitting in pain in this day in age isn"t right...or humane. I would fight for it if I were you, I had to!! and I hear ya...rest bahahahaha with lil one's , ya ok...so I sympathize completely, hang in there...my prayers will be with you...you will get through this and feel so much better after all is said and done...God Bless xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register