I am 100lbs. over weight. Will I do ok when I have my LAVH/BSO Scared!!! (2006) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > 100 lb Cruises - Come aboard!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am 100lbs. over weight.  Will I do ok when I have my LAVH/BSO Scared!!! (2006) I am 100lbs. over weight. Will I do ok when I have my LAVH/BSO Scared!!! (2006)

Unread 08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I am 100lbs. over weight. Will I do ok when I have my LAVH/BSO Scared!!! (2006)

Hi Sister,

I am fairly new to this board. I am 100lbs. overweight. I have lost already 30 lbs. in the past 1.5 yrs.

My question is that I seen so many of you here are over weight as I am and have already had their hysterectomy, I am worried about going under and recovery from this cause I am over weight. Will it be a harder road.

Thanks, and I hope to join more in this section for support and tips to lose. My surgery is 9/6

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2006, 06:54 AM

Sisterangel ~ I was significantly overweight (70+ lbs.) too when I had my hyst. and I did pretty well with my recovery. I do remember that I also was nervous about my weight being an issue. However my experience was pretty much the same as I've heard described here by others that were thin.

PLEASE talk to your surgeon about your concerns. They may be able to help ease some of your worries.

Best Wishes!!

Take Care, Dawn
Unread 08-31-2006, 04:55 PM

Hi Dawn,

thanks for easing my fears. I'm sure I'll do fine then. Take care of yourself.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2006, 07:53 PM

SisterAngel, I was over 100 pounds overweight and I did just fine. Like Dawn815, my experience was just like everyone else's. It's been almost a year since my surgery and I'm doing great. Hugs and good luck to you.
Unread 09-16-2006, 06:57 AM

Hello SisterAngel,

I too was a 100 lbs over weight when I had my surgery! I did great! After surgery I lost 55 lbs doing weight watchers. Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary. I am staying cancer free too! PTL. You should do just fine. Do exactly what they tell you and make sure you do your resperitory therepy and start walking as soon as they will let you up! Know that I am praying for ya!

Unread 09-16-2006, 07:58 AM

Thank you both so muchfor your reassurances.

((Lumpkin)) So glad you're cancer free. I wish you the best it stays that way. Prayers for you too.

((musiclover)) Glad your surgery went well and you're doing fine. I feel so much better after reading all your girls replies. Continued good luck to you.

hugs
Unread 09-23-2006, 03:02 PM

SisterAngel,
Good luck with the hyster. You will do just fine. I woke-up with a girdle velcro thing on and it was actually easier then the surgery I had at 23 years old and at 140 lbs. Good luck honey and let us know how you are. Hugs.
Unread 09-23-2006, 03:52 PM

Thank you BaByBear,

That makes me feel better. I go in on Monday....oh the nerves are starting...but I am hangin in there. Thanks so much for the reassurance. I hope you're doing well.

Hugs
Unread 09-23-2006, 04:22 PM

Just remember how much better you will feel when this is all over and go to the pre-op threads with questions. If your nerves are too bad, you might want to ask your doc for one Xanax to take that morning. No shaking knees or anything for me this time plus they gave me another when I got there. I also went for a full body massage and pedicure the day before and I would swear that it made a huge difference in my attitude and helped greatly in my recovery. I took all kinds of CDs and a walkman with me to the castle. It was a very good experience. I do believe your recovery has a lot to do with what shape you are in emotionally and mentally when you walk in the OR. Do whatever you can to take care of yourself before hand and get as much TLC as you can after. Four months have flown by and I feel great, a little tired but great. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow and Monday. Keep us posted.
Hugs.
Unread 09-23-2006, 07:01 PM

awww, BayBBear, Thank you so much again. You have so much helped ease my fears. Thanks for the tips too. I will do that.

I am very happy you are feeling so good. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register