Osmo prep anyone???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Over 50? - Thee and Me!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Osmo prep anyone???? Osmo prep anyone????

Unread 02-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Red face - Osmo prep anyone???? Osmo prep anyone????

I figure I'm almost at that number.....and didn't know where else to post!

I have my first ever bowel prep/colonoscopy on Monday. The doc has prescribed Osmo prep. I've had some say it's easy, some say no.....so figured I'd come here to get some ideas!

For my hysterectomy, I did what I referred to as a mini prep....I had to take some Miralax, but it never kicked in and i had to do the Fleets enema, so this is a first ever.

Also.....how do y'all manage with the not eating...and if you don't like lime or lemon jello or popsicles, what do you do???????????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Osmo prep anyone????

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverchick
how do y'all manage with the not eating...and if you don't like lime or lemon jello or popsicles, what do you do?
I have had several bowel preps: pre-hysterectomy, pre-colonoscopy, pre-colon resection surgery due to colon cancer, one-year post-colon cancer colonoscopy etc. and I have never used the Osmo prep so can't share about that, but in terms of the fasting (about which I know more than I ever wanted to know!) here is what I found helpful:

Get a good quality beef or chicken broth to have as your supper. Add powdered herbs and/or pepper to make it more savory and satisfying. For "dessert" I found a peach-flavored gelatin dessert to be filling and somewhat enjoyable. I am not a regular jello eater so this seemed like "something" in my stomach.

I "tried not to think about it" too much and since I am always trying to lose at least a few pounds, I comforted myself with the fact that going 24 hours without food would be helpful in this regard.

Hang in there and good luck with your "procedure!"

Unread 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Osmo prep anyone????

With your iv you won't be as hungry as you think. i went 3 days without eating and wasn't hungry beause the iv was giving me what my body needed! Food really isn't that appealing at first anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Osmo prep anyone????

diverchick,

Did you wind up using the osmo prep for your colonoscopy? For my first one, they had me used the fosa soda or something like that, that was like drinking a swimming pool full of motor oil. Yuk. I wanted to try osmo prep for my followup colonoscopy in June.

What was it like?
Unread 01-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Re: Osmo prep anyone????

I am having my first colonoscopy on monday the 24th, and now intsead of the gallon prep, mine is a 2 liter prep called MoviPrep. So we shall see good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register