KEPT UTERUS - Ovaries removed: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Kept Uterus - No Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

KEPT UTERUS - Ovaries removed: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them KEPT UTERUS - Ovaries removed: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them

Unread 04-16-2019, 07:09 AM
Re: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them

I had heart palpitations for many years, and never could pinpoint the cause; my doctors ordered every test in the book, but everything came back normal. My Eureka moment came about a year after my surgery, three weeks after I saw a daytime TV segment on food dyes, when I had heart palpitations from a new mutivitamin; I thought back to that segment, then I thought back to my pre-op anxiety attacks, to the night in the hospital after my surgery when I couldn't sleep because I was "bouncing off the walls," and to all the other times I'd had similar reactions, and recognized dyes as the common link. Since then, I've eliminated all dyes from my diet, medications and supplements, personal care products, and household products, and now, 3 years later, except for the occasional flutter when I'm overexcited, the palpitations have practically disappeared. Many forms of oral HRT contain dyes, so you might want to talk to your doctor about switching to a dye-free alternative. Best wishes for figuring this out soon, and for your continued recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2019, 08:13 AM
KEPT UTERUS - Ovaries removed: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them

Thanks all! I'm trying to decide if I want to go to my doctor today so it's been on my mind. Like i said, I've already done the echo, the ekg, the blood tests and the 24 hour heart monitor and been cleared. So I'm not sure what my GP would do for me exactly today. But it's just bothering me that they've been on going for more than 24 hours. Thought I'd see if anyone had similar experiences.

Did those of you with beta blockers get them from your gp or from a cardiologist?
Unread 04-16-2019, 01:58 PM
KEPT UTERUS - Ovaries removed: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighttech View Post

Did those of you with beta blockers get them from your gp or from a cardiologist?
I was already on blood pressure medication before surgery (I developed it in my early 20's, was 40 at time of surgery) so the doctors in the hospital switched me to the new medicine. I know there was a cardiologist reviewing my test results so I'm not sure who made the decision to switch the medicine. It has worked great, my blood pressure has never been better, surgery was a little over 2 years ago and I've stayed on it.

It doesn't help that now you're worried and it could be causing anxiety...it's good to know the test results have been fine so I wouldn't worry too much.

Did the doctor rule out Afib? You may want to ask about it.
Unread 04-16-2019, 03:05 PM
Re: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them

I headed to the doc today as my palpitations hadn't quit. Figured I'd post what the doctor said... maybe it will help someone else later!

My heart rate spiked up to 112 while I was on the EKG. And they finally caught one of the palpitations while I was hooked up, so I'm glad i went!

Doc wants me to call my surgeon (my surgeon is also the gyn managing my HRT) and just let her know whats going on. But, the doc thinks that probably my body is just having a hard time recovering and adjusting to the fluctuations in estrogen and that things may balance out in a few weeks.

She's asked me to take my pulse from time to time and call in right away if it every spikes too high. And obviously I got the standard if you have these warning signs (dizziness, tight chest, etc.) go to the ER.

Still having a few palpitations this evening, but it seems to have calmed down a little - knock on wood. So hopefully I can tough this out for a few more weeks and then my heart will settle down.
Unread 04-16-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueLaugh View Post
It doesn't help that now you're worried and it could be causing anxiety...it's good to know the test results have been fine so I wouldn't worry too much.

Did the doctor rule out Afib? You may want to ask about it.
Thanks. I'm trying not to worry. I know the anxiety can make it worse. Kind of a vicious cycle...

No one said they officially ruled out Afib, but the only thing that was mentioned after all of my tests was that I had a few premature atrial beats on the holter monitor. (I think they noticed 4 in the 24 hours... Of course the day I had the monitor on, I didn't have any palpitations... always the way things go...)
Unread 04-16-2019, 05:46 PM

That's what I had while in the hospital then the tests showed it went away.

If it's Afib, I've been told it's the best one to have, that is possible! It's more annoying than anything. I haven't had any issues since with rapid heartbeat.

Our bodies have gone through heck, losing things we've had for our entire lives, it's just getting used to the new body.
Unread 04-17-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighttech View Post
My GP prescribed the beta blockers after all the tests were done and everything. We check in every once in a while to see how things are going, but she tells me it’s okay to stay on them long term since I don’t have any adverse side effects (I’m taking the lowest dose), and they seem to help me a lot. I hope your discomfort resolves soon!
Unread 04-18-2019, 02:18 AM

What the .. I’ve never had any issues. ECG done once a year with labs. In April came back premature atrial contractions....this is almost 4 months after op. Who knows could have been happening since. Now gotta wear a mobile monitor for 2 weeks. No sensations, no feelings myself....didn’t know. Seems no issues, then something, then nothing, on and on.....sounds from here that hormones, no ovaries, etc, could be the issue ?
Unread 04-18-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenN View Post
What the .. I’ve never had any issues. ECG done once a year with labs. In April came back premature atrial contractions....this is almost 4 months after op. Who knows could have been happening since. Now gotta wear a mobile monitor for 2 weeks. No sensations, no feelings myself....didn’t know. Seems no issues, then something, then nothing, on and on.....sounds from here that hormones, no ovaries, etc, could be the issue ?
Good luck with the monitor! I only had mine for 24hrs. But will be wearing one for longer if the palpitations don't resolve in a few weeks. The monitor wasn't bad! It's only about the size of a pager (am I dating myself using that reference? Lol). I was able to sleep and generally go about my day without too much trouble.
I hope you figure out what's going on and get some good results!
Unread 04-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Re: Ovaries removed: Heart Palpitations - What were yours like and any advice on getting through them

This is small....like the size of a cell phone nowadays. It’s available in Ontario, Dr orders it for either 14 or 28 days. They express mail it to you. Real time constant transmission, once done you package up and send back. Any issues during timeframe they contact you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register