favorite base for estrogen cream | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

favorite base for estrogen cream favorite base for estrogen cream

Unread 04-22-2021, 01:18 PM
favorite base for estrogen cream

It's been a while..... For those of you on topical creams, what is your favorite base to use? I get estradiol and testosterone in one. I had them separated for a long time until I knew the dose was right and then had them combined. I start to itch after a while of use. And I don't want to switch away from creams as nothing has kept me on solid ground like the creams have. So I have to play around with the bases. And yes I do alternate all over so I don't put on one area all the time.
Currently using aloe base - it seems to be the less problematic. But I could be getting used to it and now getting excema again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2021, 10:14 AM
Re: favorite base for estrogen cream

Have you tried alternating bases that you tolerate? Maybe that would work for you.

Unread 06-04-2021, 06:07 PM

I did the switch from aloe to a base called GYN. Couldn't find ANY info on line about it. Pharmacy said it's fairly new with them but the people using it really like it. It's REAL thick. Not crazy about that part. But it soaks in ok. It does leave a waxy feel. I was thinking it wasn't soaking in with that waxy, heavy lotion feel. Pharmacy said that's normal for it to feel like that. I would have started to get hot flashes by now if it wasn't absorbing. I'll try it for a few months and see how I like it. So far, no itching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2021, 11:39 AM
favorite base for estrogen cream

I have no idea what my base is but its thick and white and it does leave a white residue kinda like sunblock does but it works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seablue View Post
I did the switch from aloe to a base called GYN. Couldn't find ANY info on line about it. Pharmacy said it's fairly new with them but the people using it really like it. It's REAL thick. Not crazy about that part. But it soaks in ok. It does leave a waxy feel. I was thinking it wasn't soaking in with that waxy, heavy lotion feel. Pharmacy said that's normal for it to feel like that. I would have started to get hot flashes by now if it wasn't absorbing. I'll try it for a few months and see how I like it. So far, no itching.
Unread 07-13-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjarbell View Post
I have no idea what my base is but its thick and white and it does leave a white residue kinda like sunblock does but it works great!

Sounds a lot like mine that I'm using now. It's called GYN.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register