Just Get Over It (rant) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Just Get Over It (rant) Just Get Over It (rant)

Unread 03-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox49
Bozohead, that is my new favorite word! I love it!
Chris, I am sorry you are upset.
Mrs, I was worn out yesterday just reading what you did! That inspired me and I sewed and finsished a big project yesterday, cleaned the house and got quite a bit done! thanks for the kick in the pants! Hope you didn't pay for it today!
Sandra
I'm using bozohead since right now what I would REALLY like to call them is not exactly ladylike.
Chris, I don't think anyone was slighting how well things went with you, it's just that everyone is different. No need to take offense.
And I AM paying for it today. Taken more muscle relaxers than I care to relate, spent 3 hours with my new friend "Ms. Precious Heating Pad" and am now about ready to go back to bed. I hurt from my armpits to my feet. Alot of that could be related to my rheumatoid arthritis drug withdrawal as well but I know better than to be STUPID like I was yesterday. Just nervous energy I suppose, trying to get stuff done. Today will be mostly bedrest for me other than doing the dishes and cooking dinner.
And for whoever commented about my mom-she was a nurse, head nurse of an ICU for a long time and NOT the person I (or you) want around after surgery normally. One time she actually removed my iv herself! She's one of those you could run over with a truck and she'd just dust herself up and keep going. Try living up to that-impossible. She can be good when I'm in extreme pain as she will stand up to the nurses that are tending to me, but most of the time, she's pretty cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Chris,
I feel the same way too. I don't think that was in reference to you either. I know that by todays standards and the surgeries of yesteryears, things do go a WHOLE lot more smoother with hysters, for the most part. I think possibly what she may have been refereing to are people who have never experienced this and saying it is a "piece of cake" and believe me, I have had several tell me the same, even men...now that's a funny one!!!! And yes, while I realize that a hyster doesn't make us any less of a woman....I still can't shake feeling that way. As I have said earlier, my rational side is at odds with my emotional side right now. So when a well meaning friend tells me, "it's just your uterus and ovaries" trying to make me feel better, it still hurts me. It's MY uterus and MY ovaries that had a big part in making me who I am, and nopw they are taking them from me. Yes, I am upset. I'm not happy about having a hyster, I am looking forward to feeling better, absolutly!!! But I'd rather keep it all, thank you, and be able to live a healthy life. Unfortunatly that isnt a choice and I will have to learn to cope with the flow of emotions and pray that one day they will even out.
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Chris,

I started this rant because of the insensitive people who have NO IDEA what it is like to have a hysterectomy say dimwitted things! I don't believe anyone is referring to you saying it was a piece of cake. I hope my surgery is a piece of cake- but I too have had MEN say- "oh piece of cake, my wife had a C-section w/our baby she recovered quick." Helloooooo completely different!

Really, I don't think anyone was referring to you. You saying your surgery was a piece of cake gives us looking forward to our surgery hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Chris,
I have to disagree with the other ladies. I do feel that comments was directed at your since she quoted you. She could have made a general comment without reference to your post.

BUT I am glad the ladies here feel comfortable to vent!

I am a problem solver by nature with a bit of motherly touch. When one of my girlfriends are worried about an upcoming surgery, I am going to try and reassure them. I will make the comments "Its going to be okay" and such.
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Ladies, come on now there is no personal attack here. Here is the "piece of cake" quote:

I just thought of another dimwit saying...UGH...Some woman had the nerve to tell me she heard it was a piece of cake[B]. Like opening you up like a filet of chicken is a piece of cake. I wish I was quick to think so that I had a good come back! PIECE OF CAKE my hinny

One good thing has come out of this surgery...I will never take another person's surgery lightly again. All surgery's have their own story.

There is no reference to anyone who HAD the surgery just some person told her she HEARD not experienced that it was a piece of cake.

Can we drop it now? There are far more important things to do -like supporting each other.
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

Totally agreed !
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Just Get Over It (rant)

I think we all need to keep in mind that having a hyst is viewed very differently by different people. Some people may be totally overwhelmed or depressed by it, due to the illness requiring the hyst or the fact that childbearing is no longer a choice. Others may just be so thrilled at the idea of getting over their endless bleeding and cramps, and they are no longer in childbearing mode anyway. As for men understanding the whole thing, forget it! Likewise, everyone's recovery is different. I was talking to two friends who both had TAH, one who was at the mall on day four (I confess, she is my role model!) and the other who could barely get out of bed for a month. This being my first big surgery (previously only a lap for endo where I didn't have to spend the night at the hospital), I have no idea what to expect. I hope for the best, and I'll get better when I get better and not one minute sooner! The biggest stress for me right now is having dh by my side for four straight days. He is an emotional mess over all this (as if it's him having the surgery), so it is going to be like who is taking care of who? I just want to be by myself and read and watch dvds.
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Just Get Over It (rant)

I am sorry if I added to any of this, truly I am!

I think we need to focus on the cake though. Do you get cake when you are a queen?! LOL I have this darn visual mind and all I can think of is cake since this discussion started! I just might have to get baking later today! The way I feel today, I would not have a piece, I could eat the whole thing!

Sandra
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Just Get Over It (rant)

????????????????
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
response

yeah way to go sistas ! Leave it to those morons but if /when they are ever faced with this sort of crisis - belive me they wouldnt carry it was as much dignity as we have. They are just ignorant and we cant waste our energy on them !
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register