How much did your uterus weigh? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > The Polling and Petition Place

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much did your uterus weigh? How much did your uterus weigh?

Unread 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
How much did your uterus weigh?

Hi
I'm 6 weeks post-op. Yahoo!! Had SAH. My DR informed me mine was at 20 weeks and measured 16.0x 12.0x10.0. Thought that was huge. The largest fribriod was 10cm.diameter. Soooooooooo glad/relieved all that is out for good.
Thanks for all the encouragement which helped me to cope both pre and post op.

SAH: 11/27: Enlarged Uterus; Mulitple Fribroids; Endometrial Polyp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieden
Ok.. I dont know the size based on pregnacy. The surgeon was atonished. My uterus was 2330 grams.(9in x7in x5in aprox) (Which is about 6 lbs I think). With all the other fibroids and everything else it came to about 10lbs. total.
So far I think you're the winner... EEP. That makes me hurt!
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano2
So far I think you're the winner... EEP. That makes me hurt!
Yeah.. I get that a lot. I did not believe it until I got the lab report and read it myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 12:08 AM

I just had my 6 week post-op check up and the doc said mine was just over 1100 grams. She said, not the biggest that she has ever seen, but definitely large. She gave me a picture of it. My buddy (who is a gentleman neighbor) saw the picture and said it looked like a pot roast!
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:40 AM

ok I just converted my 7 pounds =3 175.1 grams. I'm not good at knowing these, sorry.
Unread 01-08-2008, 09:58 AM

My doctor told me I had a very huge uterus. I will ask at my visit how much it weighed. When I went to an emrgency room prior to my surgery, the dr there told me my uterus was large. So I am curious how big. I have lost some weight but my stomach doesn't show it!!!
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:21 AM

How embarrassing! Mine was only a puny 102 grams. I thought it was odd that they classified that as normal when 80 g was the top of the normal range from what I've read, but after seeing what you all had, yep, it's pretty darn close to normal. I wonder if it made a difference that I had a bunch of stuff done just 6 months before. I'm sure it probably would have weighed slightly more before that.
Unread 01-08-2008, 01:31 PM

Camich,
Mine was huge because of fibroids and my doc said that it looked like a huge old potato growing in a basement. Like it had... root things EWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww he said it was really ugly.

The good news, I lost all that weight and a little more

My Ultrasounds were far from normal, but gosh, couldn't they tell itwas that bad?

take care.
Unread 01-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Talking - How much did your uterus weigh? How big is my uterus?

My doctor says I have an enlarged uterus due to fibroids. I have seen people say theirs is comparable to a so many month pregnant uterus. I have tried to find something on the internet and cannot. My doctor says my uterus is 15cm long. What does that compare to? I am curious and will not see my doctor for a while to ask. Any insight is appreciated.
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM

I had four fibroids the largest being approx 10 CM and the uterus weighed 189 grams.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register