post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome 2010 (updated 2013) - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome 2010 (updated 2013) post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome 2010 (updated 2013)

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Re: post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome

Same, Same, Same!!!

I came off Depo Provera (after 10 years) for a Tubal in 2007. I had constant bleeding Mar 2008 - May 2009 that lasted 3-weeks to 3-mos at a time and it was VERY heavy. I had my EA in May of 2009. I never had any discharge nor any bleeding after the procedure and I was elated! My ablation had been a dream come true. No more periods, no more leaking, no more tampons.... Until August 2011.
Late August 2011, I started cramping out of nowhere. It was "mild" at first only causing me to slightly double over and it was something that 800-1000ml of ibuprofen would "cure". I went in to my Gyno on 8/31/11 and she (pretty sure it was IBS related) scheduled me for an Internal Ultrasound. That was a blast!! Well, the results came back that I have a build up of fluid in my uterus and that is more than like what is causing my pain. My Hysterectomy was scheduled for Dec and I went about my daily life.
Well, about the 2nd week of November things changed. The pain became so intense that Ibuprofen wasn't touching it. My pain was always uterine centered, sometimes providing an intense stabbing sensation on the left side of my uterus/ovary and moving to my back. I asked my Doc for some help and she prescribed 5/325 Norco to help me cope. The pain came and went on it's own schedule mostly lasting 5-8 hours at a time, while I lost my appetite, became nausious, laying in bed doubled over from the pain for hours on end. About a week later, I begged for something stronger and received 10/325 Norco. I would take 500-1000ml of Acetomenophin throughout the day as a preventative measure against the pain, but it would always hit me hard and fast and make my life hell for another 5-8 hours. This was killing what was left of my social life, as I was afraid to go anywhere for fear that the beast would awaken and I would be in horrific pain, miles from home.
A week ago tonight, fed up from the constant pain and in tears from the intensity of it all, I went to the ER. Long story short, I received two shots of Dilauded and went home (In a VERY fuzzy and happy state). My Percocet prescription followed a day later from my Gyno. I was previously given Progesterone to "Stop" the sloughing of my uterus, but I didn't fell it was helping. Stupid me.
Fast forward to Weds evening.... I started bleeding! It was mild, dark and maroonish, like older blood. Thurs was just old brownish spotting and Friday...BAM!! Open the flood gates! I was horrified! I was scared! I was bleeding through regular tampons in minutes. Work sent me home for bed rest and I called my Doc. She wasn't in that day, but I did speak to a very kind OB (it was the Labor & Delivery On-Call line that I called) and she recommended to start back on the Progesterone with a double dose (2 pills in the am, 2 pills in the pm = 4 pills a day) I started that evening and my body has done a complete 180! I haven't bled very much and the beast has been dormant since late Friday night.

I can very clearly see the rainbow at the end of my tunnel..... 2 more days to go! My surgery is Wednesday but I'm now starting to freak out! As helpful as it is to watch the procedures on YouTube, it just raised my anticipation levels a bit to high.

Sorry for such a long post, but it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one dealing with this PATSS, or Post-Endometrial Ablation Syndrome.

Hugs to everyone out there! I don't know what I would to without you!

~Megs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2011, 10:27 PM
post ablation tubal sterilization syndrome 2010 (updated 2013)

I finally got health insurance, but I have a 12-month pre existing condition waiting period before I can have my hysterectomy. I have been dealing with the pain since May of 2010. A little over a year and a half!! I'm gonna pull my hair out if I have to deal with this for another year. My pain is on the right side, goes into my back, and down my right leg. UGHHHHHH!!!!
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcombs70 View Post
I finally got health insurance, but I have a 12-month pre existing condition waiting period before I can have my hysterectomy. I have been dealing with the pain since May of 2010. A little over a year and a half!! I'm gonna pull my hair out if I have to deal with this for another year. My pain is on the right side, goes into my back, and down my right leg. UGHHHHHH!!!!
I'm so sorry honey!! Can you try going onto hormones, as I have? I found Progesterone to be a big life saver these past few days. It's worth a try, right?
Hugs & Best Wishes
~ Megs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2011, 01:54 PM

My ablation story is unlike alot of the others posted here. On Oct 26, 2011, I had a tubal ligation and ablation done. During my pre-op visit, the doctor said after looking into my uterus during the Esure procedure, which also didn't work, my uterus looked perfect. The surgery seemed to go fine. Although I woke up in extreme pain. I went home that same day but was still in pain. 5 days later, I felt great. Did some house cleaning and all. Later that night, I started getting alot of pain. I ended up on all 4's in the bathroom crying. I called the hospital who called my doctor. They called back and said the doctor said the pain should be better and to take another pain pill. I literally felt like I was giving birth with no pain meds. I finally called my mom who took me out to the ER. The doctor did some blood work, a urine test and an x-ray. They had me drink something to help my bowels move, even though I wasn't constipated. The doctor came back and said my White Blood Cells were really high, 19000. But all I had was a minor urinary tract infection and sent me home. I couldn't even make it home without screaming and crying.

I stayed home for about 2 1/2 hours. The pain just got worse and I started vomitting. I called the ER back and they told me to take another pain pill or I can come back if I wanted but there wasn't anything more they could do. I finally called the ambulance, figuring if I went in by ambulance my chances of being admitted were better. And I couldn't make the ride again without being given something MUCH MUCH stronger for the pain. They did give me morphine, which helped. There was a different Dr. on duty when I got there who wanted to do the CT scan. They came back and said there was something in the uterus and not sure what it was. They put me on antibiotics and admitted me. Another GYN came in and said I looked like I was ready to die and I was only getting worse. They decided to send me to a larger hospital that was better capable of handling my situation.

After getting to the hospital, they decided they needed to do surgery to find out what was actually going on. They prepared me for a hysterectomy and possible bowel removal. Which would have meant I would have ended up with a bag the rest of my life. I spent approximately 5 hours in surgery. They said my uterus had 2 punctures in it, 1 of which was already disentegrating the uterus. I also had a puncture and deep scratch in my bowel. They removed my uterus and cervix, 25 cm of my bowel and repaired approximately 1 foot of my bowel. I had bowel floating in my stomach cavity and going into my uterus.

At my post-op appointment, the staples were removed. But they didn't close everything up correctly. I have spent the past month having the incision packed 2 times a day.

All I can say, not really knowing what happened and why since the doctor won't say much, is don't do the ablation. I have heard nothing good about it and I now second guess EVERYTHING any doctor tells me. Not a good experience at all.
Unread 12-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alandria View Post
My ablation story is unlike alot of the others posted here. On Oct 26, 2011, I had a tubal ligation and ablation done. During my pre-op visit, the doctor said after looking into my uterus during the Esure procedure, which also didn't work, my uterus looked perfect. The surgery seemed to go fine. Although I woke up in extreme pain. I went home that same day but was still in pain. 5 days later, I felt great. Did some house cleaning and all. Later that night, I started getting alot of pain. I ended up on all 4's in the bathroom crying. I called the hospital who called my doctor. They called back and said the doctor said the pain should be better and to take another pain pill. I literally felt like I was giving birth with no pain meds. I finally called my mom who took me out to the ER. The doctor did some blood work, a urine test and an x-ray. They had me drink something to help my bowels move, even though I wasn't constipated. The doctor came back and said my White Blood Cells were really high, 19000. But all I had was a minor urinary tract infection and sent me home. I couldn't even make it home without screaming and crying.

I stayed home for about 2 1/2 hours. The pain just got worse and I started vomitting. I called the ER back and they told me to take another pain pill or I can come back if I wanted but there wasn't anything more they could do. I finally called the ambulance, figuring if I went in by ambulance my chances of being admitted were better. And I couldn't make the ride again without being given something MUCH MUCH stronger for the pain. They did give me morphine, which helped. There was a different Dr. on duty when I got there who wanted to do the CT scan. They came back and said there was something in the uterus and not sure what it was. They put me on antibiotics and admitted me. Another GYN came in and said I looked like I was ready to die and I was only getting worse. They decided to send me to a larger hospital that was better capable of handling my situation.

After getting to the hospital, they decided they needed to do surgery to find out what was actually going on. They prepared me for a hysterectomy and possible bowel removal. Which would have meant I would have ended up with a bag the rest of my life. I spent approximately 5 hours in surgery. They said my uterus had 2 punctures in it, 1 of which was already disentegrating the uterus. I also had a puncture and deep scratch in my bowel. They removed my uterus and cervix, 25 cm of my bowel and repaired approximately 1 foot of my bowel. I had bowel floating in my stomach cavity and going into my uterus.

At my post-op appointment, the staples were removed. But they didn't close everything up correctly. I have spent the past month having the incision packed 2 times a day.

All I can say, not really knowing what happened and why since the doctor won't say much, is don't do the ablation. I have heard nothing good about it and I now second guess EVERYTHING any doctor tells me. Not a good experience at all.
That is horrible!! My pain is so bad that I just wanna pull my hair out. I've always had a high tolerance for pain, but this is the most awful pain and I have been dealing with it for too long. My doctor has never mentioned putting me on hormones. He just mentioned the hysterectomy. I wish I could get the doctor who did the ablation to do something, but he is in Minnesota. I'm in Texas now so I would have to go a looonnnngggg way. I would have never had the ablation done but I didn't see anything bad about it when I researched it. Of course, I didn't know to look for PATSS either.
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM

Wow I wish I had read this before my NovaSure procedure done. In July 2008 I had it done with the idea of doing the Essure at the same time. I had had lon heavy painful periods for years and was done with it. I woke up from the NovaSure in such agony that they had to give me 2 gs of morphine to get me home and out of their office. And they couldn't do the Essure then that would be in August. Had that done and then oops! We forgot to have your hsg done. Had that done in January 2009. It took two different visits and over two hours to attEmpt to inject the dye into my uterus. Apparently my uterus has fused together, it was more heart shaped and retrograde. Didn't have a period for two years the started having pains during ovulation and then it felt like my uterus was going to fall out. The past year I've had three t/v u/s and they say no cysts but I have a sharp pulling pain on the right side. I went today for a saline sonogram. Much like my hsg, no dice they couldn't even get the catheter in. Hyster is scheduled for 1/31. I am over the pain and when I asked for something stronger, they gave me Tylenol 3 and I'm already on Vicodin. I will be moving gyn's after my hyster. I shouldn't cry every time I go in there
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:49 AM

I am so glad I found this site, I have been dealing with so many of the same symptoms as you all. I had a TL in 2004 followed by a Uterine ablation in 2006 an it was great until about 2009, when I started to get excruciating pain on my left side around into my back and down into my left thigh. Everyone told me one couldn't be related to the other...but reading your posts here, it seems like the pain(even the thigh pain) is a pretty common occurrence with this problem. No amount of pain medication helped me either. I went yesterday and was told I have pockets of blood throughout my uterus, along with a growth near my cervix and lots of hemorrhagic cysts on my left ovary. I am meeting with the doctor next week to book hysterectomy. It is so good to know that I'm in such good company here!! Sending hugs and positive thoughts to everyone
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSky View Post
I am so glad I found this site, I have been dealing with so many of the same symptoms as you all. I had a TL in 2004 followed by a Uterine ablation in 2006 an it was great until about 2009, when I started to get excruciating pain on my left side around into my back and down into my left thigh. Everyone told me one couldn't be related to the other...but reading your posts here, it seems like the pain(even the thigh pain) is a pretty common occurrence with this problem. No amount of pain medication helped me either. I went yesterday and was told I have pockets of blood throughout my uterus, along with a growth near my cervix and lots of hemorrhagic cysts on my left ovary. I am meeting with the doctor next week to book hysterectomy. It is so good to know that I'm in such good company here!! Sending hugs and positive thoughts to everyone
Just had my hysterectomy on Dec 12th. I had the same problem. The pain is horrendous and you are right, nothing helps! I had a blood filled uterus as well. Wishing you luck on your surgery. I feel much better on this side...so glad to be rid of that awful pain.

Hugs to all my sisters who have this problem and are in pain now
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy0106 View Post
Just had my hysterectomy on Dec 12th. I had the same problem. The pain is horrendous and you are right, nothing helps! I had a blood filled uterus as well. Wishing you luck on your surgery. I feel much better on this side...so glad to be rid of that awful pain.

Hugs to all my sisters who have this problem and are in pain now

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I am so happy you are free from the pain They booked my Hyst for next week 1/12/12, exactly 1 month from when you had yours done. Wish me luck!!
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:59 PM

I am so glad I came across this. I've been second-guessing my hysterectomy and thinking I should push for an ablation. My doc told me that he doesn't recommend ablations because they have an "abysmal" success rate. His words. I have to say I didn't really believe him and figured the worst that could happen was that I'd start bleeding again in a few years and be back for a hyster then. Based on the few posts that I read on this thread, I'm definitely not even going to broach the topic with him.

I hope you all find relief from the pain soon, if you haven't already.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register