Scheduled TAH Help ball of stress | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help ball of stress Help ball of stress

Unread 02-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Help ball of stress

Im new very nerves im pre-op 2 days b4 the hysta PAH cant eat sleep drink relax nothing just a ball of nerv to the point during pre-op screening this past week told my Ob says i cant give you any no meds deal wiTh it uggg you cant be serious i cried AND WENT TO my primary doctors(dr) your to tense an upset continue with your Lorazapam an ambiem i need you calm an rested STOP taking sunday last dose 7 pm so you body can have 24 hours b4 surgery keep your appt go do your last lab blood work monday 9 am and have the tour which is 2/4 7am HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Re: Help ball of stress

anybody within 48 hours of surgery
Unread 02-02-2014, 03:13 PM

Those few days prior to op are the absolute worst!! The only way I got through them was making lists of things to do to keep myself busy and I made hundreds of them!!!! Just keep thinking this time next week it will all be done with and you will be in the road to recovery... Hugs xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2014, 03:17 PM

PLEASE let your surgery doc know what is going on, and what drugs you are taking. There are reasons that your surgery doctor did not want you to have certain meds. It is VERY IMPORTANT that he or she know what is going on.

That said, it is helpful to keep yourself very busy. Make meals, clean your house, prep your recovery area, etc. Also watch favorite movies, read favorite books, etc.

This is a tough time just before surgery. We understand and have been there.

Unread 02-02-2014, 04:21 PM

I agree.. make sure all doctors know your medications.

And, try to relax. I know this is huge but you need to find a way to rest and let that anxiety go. Do something you really like to do that doesn't cause stress but instead gives you joy. One other thing.. if you don't get every part of prep done prior to the surgery, it's ok. You will be ok.
Unread 02-02-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanfie View Post
I agree.. make sure all doctors know your medications.

And, try to relax. I know this is huge but you need to find a way to rest and let that anxiety go. Do something you really like to do that doesn't cause stress but instead gives you joy. One other thing.. if you don't get every part of prep done prior to the surgery, it's ok. You will be ok.
these 2 medicines i have been taken for the last 6 years i was orginally schuled for my Hysterectomy jan 14 2014 but last min re-schedue so i been off those med's and really having a hard time AND THEY ARE LISTED IN MY CHART FROM THE BEGINNING I HOPE ALL DOCTORS READ MY CHARTS SMH CONFUSED
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:29 PM

I am sure they have read your chart.

You stated that your OB doc (which I assume is your surgery doc) would not give you a certain medication, so you went back to your GP and got that med. My point is that your surgery doc should be in control of the meds, as they are the ones doing the surgery. If they did not want you to have a certain med, then there is a reason. This is for your health.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register