clotting woes/new friend | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

clotting woes/new friend clotting woes/new friend

Unread 04-29-2004, 07:48 PM
clotting woes/new friend

Hi all...........This is the best idea, I hope to give and receive support in times to come. I am scheduled for a partial hysterectomy on June 1. For the past two years, I simply thought I encountered middle age spread and a change in my cycle. My only symptoms are a larger lower abdomen and heavier bleeds. Over this past year, I have noticed one day of heavy bleed with lots of clots passing. All has been stable until this month. A second ultrasound in six months should at least 5 fibroids now. I have started passing clots sans cycle. Anyone else have this? I had experimented with some Chinese herbs and acupuncture for relief of heavy bleed and clots, however, the opposite has occurred.

I just saw my regular doctor today to discuss the surgery, however, I wasn't passing clots and didn't mention it. This just started this evening after a pleasant day.

Quell my fears if you can. What is this now? In a way, I am looking forward to the hysterectomy and getting on with my life. This is a genetic tendency in my family. I am 43 and right on time historically.

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2004, 09:04 PM
clotting woes/new friend

My laymans guess is that your bleeding is going too heavy for it to just run out of you .. may be you are losing some fresh blood too that acounts for the clots ?

mei
Unread 04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
clotting woes/new friend

Hi lily-claire,

I'm glad you found us here at Hystersisters!

It could be that your fibroids are the cause of the additional mid-cycle clotting. It can be very difficult for the uterine lining to shed properly when you have fibroids.

You may also have a condition called adenomyosis. This occurs when the uterine lining begins to grow into the uterine muscle. Adeno is notoriously hard to diagnose and many women don't know they have the condition until after their hysts when the pathology report comes back and shows that adeno was present. Sometimes it can be detected by an MRI, but many docs will not order this test because it is fairly expensive and still may be inconclusive. Adeno can also cause a lot of problems with clotting.

I'd encourage you to keep asking questions of your gyn, seek a second opinion, and weigh all the treatment options that are offered before you make any final decisions.

One further point of clarification - when you say you are scheduled for a partial hyst, are you meaning that you will keep your cervix? Generally a partial hyst means you are keeping your cervix. If you mean that you are keeping your ovaries, then that is not hyst related - the technical term for ovary removal is bilateral salpingoophorectomy (BSO).

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Sending hugs your way.

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register