Scheduled LAVH bleeding concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding concerns bleeding concerns

Unread 04-26-2009, 08:02 AM
bleeding concerns

:frazzled::frazzled::confuse::frazzled::frazzled:hi ladies
i am due for my surgery on friday and i have some questions. i have been bleeding off and on since my last visit at the doctor and i know that the fibroids may have something to do with this . i am sad that my doctor hasn't called me back. the test that my doctor did was the vaginal ultrasound with the liquid and i have had tto wear pads daily i am nervous and also looking forward to my surgery on friday. my pre-op appointment is this wednesday and i am nervous as well. i do have support of my family especially from my husband which we have been separated since december. i have alot on my plate with 3 daughters here ages 19,18 and 15 and 2 grandsons ages 16 months and 2 years old. i am scared and confused . i have read the relaxation section and i will print that out today because my sleep is not good my heart is very heavy and i am very emotional most of the time with lots of tears .confused:, very frazzled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Re: bleeding concerns

Diva,

I had a TLH on the 23rd. I was concerned about the bleeding after as well. I stayed in the hospital over night and by the next morning I had a little bit of pinkish discharge and that was it. I know that everyone will be diffrent, but I am sure that the bleeding will be less that the periods that you have been having.

I know that telling you to relax is a lot easier said than done. But now that I am on the other side....just relax....everything will be fine.

Take care of you
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:39 PM

thanks for your kind words of encouragement i guess i am scared because of the off and on bleeding now before the surgery i am fearful of maybe having to get a blood transfusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2009, 03:10 PM

hi there. wow you do have a lot going on. i will keep you in my prayers if that is ok with you. dont worry about the things you can not change. easier said than done i know...but still true. perhaps your children will be willing to help more than you think at this point. but dont let that concern you either. you seem like a pretty strong woman, and just take it easy and relax every chance you get!
i have the same concerns! i do not have fibroids, but i do have a rather large mass on my left ovary. and now after only spotting once in a blue moon since 2005, i am now in the middle of a terrible period! that's the only thing i know to call it so i too am concerned about a transfusion at this point!
Unread 04-26-2009, 06:21 PM

Sorry you are so frazzled...it is so hard when there seems to be so much going on all at once to worry about.

I had read a while back on this site about women bleeding or starting their period right before their surgery. I wonder sometimes if the stress of preparing throws our hormones out of whack?

I actually have been going through peri-menopause for the last year, so have only actually had any bleeding at all maybe 3 or 4 days in the entire year...so imagine my surprise when I starting bleeding last week, just a week before my surgery! I bled heavy for 3 days, and am still spotting...and suddenly I realized that this will be last time it will ever happen. Such a strange thought.

Make sure you ask your dr about it and anything else that is concerting you at your pre-op. I had a whole list of questions at mine last Fri and I felt a lot better after getting the answers. Also, my dr. was impressed with my preparation, and it was totally due to all the great suggestions I got from this site, especially the pre-op articles! Every dr is different, and every surgery is different, so there are NO stupid questions.

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery! Three days to go, and I can't stop thinking about it...thank goodness for this site!
Unread 04-26-2009, 06:32 PM

thank you and good luck to you as well ... i truly love this website because just knowing that i am not alone it is amazing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register