TVH - Heather's Happy Hyster Hospital Stay | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH - Heather's Happy Hyster Hospital Stay TVH - Heather's Happy Hyster Hospital Stay

Unread 11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Heather's Happy Hyster Hospital Stay

Now that the drugs have worn off and I can think clearly for more than just a few minutes I thought it was time I shared my story.

I started menstrating at a very early age. I was 10. I have had problems from day one. At ten years old I was put on birth control (I didn't know that was what it was at the time) to control the never ending flow.

Skip ahead 20 years and I was still having the SAME problems. I tried every form of medication, had D and C's...you name it. Finally my doc said lets just get rid of this thing. You have 3 great kids and if your done...let's get it over with.

Oct 28th I checked in at the hospital bright and early. Surgery was set for 9:00 am. I had been really nervous the last couple of weeks but I was surprisingly calm that day. My hubby whom is the love of my life and I adore more than anything was by my side as well as good ole mom and my mother in law. I also asked the man that had been like a dad to me my whole life to be there as well. Everyone was with me in my room as we waited...jokeing and just having fun with the nurses. Before they wheeled me to surgery these 4 very important people took the time to pray with me. Each one prayed for me out loud and it was an incredible experience. A memory I will always cherrish. Anyway I get to the very Cold Operating Room and before I can even begin to think about worrying the doctor said they put something in my IV to help me relax while everyone gets ready. That's the last thing I remember until the recovery room. I woke up in pain but the nurses where very good and gave me something right away. I requested a private room...and the only one available was on Pedatric's. Okay by me... so off I go to Ped's. What a blessing. There was only one other patient on that floor the entire time I was there... so I had 4 great nurses pretty much to myself. I had some trouble with pain control...the morophine didn't touch the pain and it made me itch..codeine didn't work so at last they tried Vicadin. Now I'm in La La Land at last. Feeling much much better now I think I'm gonna make it. Surgery was on Tues and on Thurs I got to go home. *Yipee*

I'm now three weeks post op and I know this is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I did have some complications with infections....but even with that...I already feel so much better than I have in a very long time. I can't believe how good I feel.

Hope this helps someone. Don't worry it's great on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register