What's your pets name and why? - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM
My "kids"

Here we go.....
Lady - looks kind of like a shepherd mix -stray we found wandering on the side of the highway - named her lady cause thats all she seemed to answer to.
Lady gave us a big surprise in the middle of the night with the arrival of 7 puppies
the puppies aren't named yet.

Gin Gin-15 y/o heinz 57 mutt thingy hehe - she was a rescue and was named when we got her. No idea where the name came from since the dog is pure white all except for her ears which are brown, personally I would have went with snowball or something like that based on looks, based on attitude, it would have been something I can't relay on here but lets say its the technical term for a female dog. She does have quite the attitude. I can only assume the previous owners must have been alcholics or something hehe.

Shaggy - 9 m/o Male Hairless Guniea Pig (aka Skinny Pig)
I thought it would be funny to name something thats bald shaggy , plus shaggy is one of my favorite singers.

VJ - 6 wk/o Male Hairless Guniea Pig (aka Skinny Pig)
not too sure if this name is going to stick or not, I had to rush the poor little guy to the emergency vet clinic one night and when they asked for a name VJ was what popped into my head. If anyone has any suggestions on a good name for a baby skinny pig feel free to let me know. He's all black with a few light brown patches on his skin.

Tika - hampster - she was so tiny when I got her and when I put her down on the table she ran knocked over one of the teacups and fell asleep inside. Didn't want to name her teacup so named her Tika.

MJ - Gerbil - named after Michael Jordan

Mickey - nooo not a mouse hes a cockateil. Named after a former pet bird.

Gone but Not forgotten
Mesa - Brittany Spaniel - She was bought in Mesa Arizona along with another dog named Tuca who was bought in Tucsan. The original owner had purchased the 2 dogs and brought them to Canada. He kept them for a couple of years and decided to move back to the U.S. but could only take one of the dogs with him. He gave Mesa to one of my family members who in turn gave her to my brother. My brother brought her home and she abandoned the fact that she even knew him (smart dog) and became my little angel.

Quichma - German Shepherd
Logan - Border Collie
Thor - Doberman
Macky - Nanday Conure (Parrot)

I think I got them all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 05:00 PM
What's your pets name and why?

What a fun idea...
Cat #1 Myles, cuz we had to travel a lot of miles to get him
Cat #2 Baylee, no reason other than it was better than Dory !
Cat #3 Frisko, no reason other than it was better than Benji !!
Cat #4 Stinger, named after Island Stingers, an alcoholic rum beverage
Cat/Kitten #5 Triggs, after the wine Jackson and Triggs
Cat/Kitten #6 Dodger, 3rd in a litter of 4, last one didn't make it
Unread 09-23-2005, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesastar

Gin Gin-15 y/o heinz 57 mutt thingy hehe - she was a rescue and was named when we got her. No idea where the name came from since the dog is pure white all except for her ears which are brown, personally I would have went with snowball or something like that based on looks, based on attitude, it would have been something I can't relay on here but lets say its the technical term for a female dog. She does have quite the attitude. I can only assume the previous owners must have been alcholics or something hehe.
Wasen't Gin Gin the name of Barbra Edens dog on I dream of Jeanie? Could she bow her head up and down and magical things would happen????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2005, 09:49 AM

Dog: We have a golden retriever/yellow lab mix. Great dog ... will be 2 in November! My son named her Dakota after a Dodge Dakota, too!

Cats: Snuggles ... he's 16 years old! My daughter (now 20) named him when we got him as a kitten because she loved the Snuggle bear on TV (dryer sheets). He is also called "Snuggles the attack cat" because as he got older, he tends to get grumpy and "attack"!

Squirt -- hard time training her to use the litter box ... just would "squirt" wherever she wanted!
Unread 09-23-2005, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareze
Wasen't Gin Gin the name of Barbra Edens dog on I dream of Jeanie? Could she bow her head up and down and magical things would happen????
Oh, maybe....
She must have some sort of magic built into her after all that she's been through in her life.
She's good now except for being blind, but when we had gotten her she was so beat up she couldn't even walk. Who ever had owned her previously had taken it upon themselves to break all of her ribs and abandon her in a house with 4 cats. She was in there for just about a week when the humane society was finally called. All the cats were dead and Gin wasn't far behind. She's a medium dog who should weigh around 35-40 lbs for her size, but when they took her out she was just over 5 1/2 lbs. They didn't leave food or water or anything for her. Just left her to die. Guess she deserves to have the attitude.
Thanx Mareze....think we solved the mystery of where the name came from.
Unread 09-25-2005, 05:01 PM

i have a dalmatian called beckham.yes after the footballer,my daughter named him.not because she likes football just that one footballer
Unread 09-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Harley

Harley,
Can you guess what he was named after?
You got it a motorcycle lover
Kay
Unread 09-25-2005, 11:52 PM

I have 3 cats and a dog:
Luigi (cat) my mom thought he looked Italian.
Sassy (cat) She tore down the blinds on the front door the forst day we had her.
Daisy (cat) She is calico and she looks like a Black Eyed Susie.
Caesat (dog) My husband is obsessed with Great World Leaders.
Unread 09-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Our dog history goes as such:
Cisco-a terrier. Cisco was our only dog for along time.
I don't know what happened but a year after my mother died and on my birthday I purchased a Blue Healer. I chose the quiet one of the bunch after having a very high spirited Cisco. Both males.

Cisco died after being hit by a car a couple of years ago. My daughter who was very close to him saw the whole thing happen and it was hard. The very next day she decided she wanted another puppy. Right away. So off we go and get a Queensland Healer and Whippet mix puppy. Alas, our fears were answered and she wanted nothing to do with this dog. Granted she is a good dog but she is so big and loving she can hurt you by accident.

So here we are today. Around three weeks to my surgery and I saw pictures of a lost mommy and her pups. The mother reminded me of Cisco that I asked if I could have one of her pups. They are Schnoodles. Unfortuantely, the said all the pups were taken. Oh well. But then, someone decided they couldn't handle a puppy at this time so it was mine YEA! So off my DD and I go to pick her up and out comes both sisters. One that was spoken for and mine. Then they got me. The sister didn't have a home after all and if I knew anybody that would want her that would be great. But of course, this puppy and my DD were already bonding. What could I do? I tried to walk away with one but ended up with two puppies. Still hadn't told my husband about one how was I going to talk him into two puppies?

So here we are with the "fluffly one" or her real name of Contessa nicknamed "Tessa" and the straight hair long legged Abigail or "Abby".
They look nothing alike unless Tessa is wet and then you see the resemblance. They are great and I love them. I never imagined myslef with 4 dogs. The little ones and the big ones. Funny huh!
Unread 09-30-2005, 12:13 PM

Mesastar, how about "Fluffy" for VJ the hairless guinea pig??

Mareze, I also rmember Jeannie's dog Gin Gin. Majical powers - I think he could become invisible.

Coxie - I was just reading a book about cat behavior problems -- if Snuggles little attacks are a problem, the book says he needs more play time - drag a string, throw a toy, they recommend the Cat Dancer. Is Squirt now trained? The book had a whole chapter on that -- message me if you want me to tell you what it says.

I enjoyed reading everyone's stories. (Except poor Gin Gin - I'm surprised people so neglectful would put that much effort into finding such a cute, creative name.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register