What's your pets name and why? - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
What's your pets name and why?

I have a beautiful large yellow cat named Nika....we thought it was a girl and when I took it to the vet, found out it was a boy...oops. I also just lost a shi tzu named Max...he was my buddy! My older daughter accidently ran over him 2 weeks ago. It's been really hard, he was there for me thru my recovery time from surgery and just my little shadow. I would someday like to get another one, but not yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 04:39 PM

Cat named Zooker- she was born while our High School Chorus was performing "Grease". Named after Danny Zooco
Shadow- black cat
Harley-after the motorcycle
Ellie- Miss Ellie off Dallas
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:39 PM

I used to have a kitty (the love of my life until we moved and I had to give her away...I had her 11 years!! Anyway, I wanted to name her Augustus so I could call her "Gus,Gus" You know like the fat mouse in Cinderella? Never worked out that way, we just called her Auggie. well, she ended up packing on some pounds (she was my big ball of love) and my dad took one look at her and said, "thats not Auggie, thats Hoggie" and thats my story.

We also have a beagle named Woodstock, he replaced the beagle named Linus who had a brother in Connecticut named Snoopy. See the pattern?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 11:07 AM

Pets and their names? This may take a while...
Currently we have
Shirley (my yellow cockatiel-her sister Laverne died a couple of years ago)
Gimpy (my uromastyx-lizard-I got him from the pet shop because no one else would buy him because his spine had been injured). He doesn't get around very good but that doesn't matter-he doesn't need to.
Bendi (my bearded dragon-I read that her name means little girl in aborigine. She loves strawberries and red fingernails (ouch!)
E-Cook (ds 3 1/2 ft. ball python-name is Cherokee for wanderer and boy is it a perfect name for him. His aquarium is locked now!) Do you know how hard it is to find a snake in your house?
Shulah and Solomon (dd Solomon Island Skinks-2 ft . from head to tail-Solomon because that's where they come from and Shulah because in the bible Solomon married a Shulamite.
2 un-named snakes (dd) 1 un-named tarantula (dd) DD works at a zoo.
Baby (10 year old Suffolk sheep-she's the queen of the barnyard and anywhere else she chooses!)
Fluffy (13 year old white persian with blue eyes aka. Miss Kitty)She used to be my moms.
Fuzzy (10 year old kitty cat)
I usually wind up calling them both Fluzzy.
We have had so many more over the years-furry, scaly and feathered.
I dedicate this to Toby (great friend and baby sitter)Our basset/yellow labrador that died at 8. Named after the basset on Disney's Great Mouse Detective. We miss you Toby!
Texas Gal
41, tah, kept ovaries, endo, hernia repair
Unread 05-31-2006, 01:17 PM

Australian Shepherd, Roadside:Named because she was found abandoned at a roadside park, when someone had killed her puppies and left her there She's now a healthy, happy....OLDDD dog. She's around 13 yrs. old.

Daschund:Oscar--named Oscar because he's a WEENIE dog. I just love him sooo much. He's 3 yrs. old

Cats:1)Sheana--a long haired siamese/mix
2)Tiger--who just had 3 beautiful kittens, which are a week old

Rabbitoesn't have a name, he belongs to my son, he's--believe it or not 4 years old. I don't think he'll ever die!!
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:39 PM

Silver Bullet Bandit aka: Bandit ~ My Grullo gelding (horse) because he is silver grey color and is quick like a bullet and also gets into trouble from curiosity so he is my Bandit.

Dun Sizzlin Tuff aka: Sizzle ~ My Red Dun mare (horse) because that was her registered name when I bought her and I liked the name Sizzle. It fits her personality. She is Bandit's Mama.

Ticker: My calico barn cat because when I got her she had a tick on her lip so I drove immediately to the vet office where they "cut" it out. She then became ticker, my barn cat.

Skye: my siamese cat because of her beautiful sky blue eyes.

Black Kat: ummmm, that would be a DUH. She is black.

Kobe Branson: My chocolate lab because I picked his name off of an Atlas and Branson is my husband's middle name.

Baca: Our "white" golden retriever. He used to sound like Chewy Baca when he was a pup. Now I wish I called him ghost because he goes out to the edge of the woods, turns and faces the house, and sits down and just stares at the house. Strange guy that one! He just looks like a white ghost sitting there like a statue.

Finney: my beta fish Original name huh?

That's all folks! And enough for me! Expensive to feed all those mouths daily
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:54 AM

We have two labrador retrievers in our family- Our first is Bronson-my husband picked that name because it mean's Brown's son, and it suits our chocolate boy very well. We loved our lab so much we decided to adopt another one- we got a black one. His original name was Dave, but we changed it to Archie (short for Archtop Dave) We wanted something to do with guitars since my husband is a luthier and we both love the instrument. We would love to get a yellow lab too, but that may not happen any time soon!
Unread 06-12-2006, 06:52 PM

We have 10 labrador retrievers and more to come.
They all have indian tribe names, it started off with our 1st two because we liked the names. We realized we had a theme going so we continued.

Cheyenne - yellow female
Cherokee - chocolate female
Chippewa - yellow female
Choctaw - chocolate female
Seminole - chocolate male
Cree - chocolate female
Appache - chocolate male
Shoshone Banik (Shoban for short) - black female (our vet is half Shoshone and half Banik)
Chinook - yellow female
Annasazi - black female

If anyone has any suggestions for additional members to our family, they would be welcome.

All of them live in our house, was anybody else worried comming home from the hospital and having their pet jump up on you. Everytime the dogs came in from outside my husband would stand infront of me to guard me until they settled down. It was good to see them too.
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Hi Goulaigan,
How about Caddo. The Caddoans were an East Texas tribe of friendly indians. Cute idea!
Texas Gal (Texas (Tejas) is Caddo for friendly)
41,tah,kept ovaries, endo, hernia repair
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:28 AM

my long coat chihuaua is also named Merlin.i always get a reaction when people ask his name.he is named after a rat terrier that i breed with my rat terrier i used to have. he was about 3.5 lbs and looked just like a chihuahua.he past away a few years ago and when i was thinking of a name for my chihuahua that seemed appropriate.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register