What's your pets name and why? - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What's your pets name and why? What's your pets name and why?

Unread 06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
What's your pets name and why?

I am a real animal lover. I can't leave any animal on the side of the road. i always bring them home and feed them and try to find a home for them. There are also some cats that live in an old barn next to my house that I feed also can't get near them but I try to feed them when I can. We have a black miniature snauzer named Buddy he stays inside. We chose Buddy because he really is our Buddy he is the best Bud around. He actually found us. We honestly believe he was a real person in a former life. He is really smart. He is the best dog I have ever had.Then we have a cat. A huge house cat I think he is part coon cat. He is about 20 lbs. His name is Toonce. We got his name off of Saturday Night Live. He never left my side after my surgery. Then I have 2 outside cats one is Patches because he is white with black patches all over him. The other is Lucky because he is sooo lucky I found him. I found him on the side of the interstate he was only 3 weeks old and weighed a quarter pound. I have NO idea how I saw him but I did and I couldn't leave him. He is now about 3-4 months old. He thinks I am really his mother. He is so sweet. We also have 2 outside dogs. One is a beagle named Max. The kids named him. The other is Fud. Kids named him to. Oh yea I also have a fish he doesn't have a name??? I guess I need to name him. He is a red beta. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2007, 04:59 AM

One 11 year old Aussie named, "Bootsie Tootsie" a 2 year old Corgi named "Jaxy" a 2 1/2 year Ratt Terrior named 'Skip Dog' and a 2 year old cat named "Ms. "M".
Unread 10-19-2007, 07:02 AM
These guys are the funniest...

I love my four legged babies! All three of them -- but my favorite is "Stinky" -- he's my chihuahua.
No...he doesn't stink. Folks often ask "why did you name him that? It's a southern thing! It was a nickname until my DD could come up w/ something else. Well...."Stinky" stuck. He's a spoiled rotten baby!

"kip" is our golden retriever. His mom was Kiki and Daddy was Rip ...so "Kip" came out of those two. Great dog!!

"Bubba"...I know; another southern thing! However, I did not name him. Cute and typical Jack Russel! My FIL moved in w/ us last year. Brought Bubba along with him. Bubba has stayed and became "ours" since FIL moved into an assisted living facility. I've lost 5 pr of shoes, 3 baseball hats (bad hair day hats), 4 rugs -- but, somehow Bubba's worth it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM

I have two cats Fluffy and "the kitten" Fluffy has since been nicknamed the king of france and I have no idea why (my daughter comes up with these) the kitten was orinially something else and I cant remember what cause the the kitten seems to fit her perfectly and the other name (whatever it was) was too dainty. The kitten has a huge personally and loves to be the centre of attention.

I have a dog (minatuer Snauzer) named Sabrina. She is from Mexico and came with that name. She loves me and follows me EVERYWHERE.

Have two Bunnies....Cadbury I have had for three years and he is anti social and will pee on only pee whenever he gets the chance. The cats love him and they play all the time. The dog don't like him so much but she is wuss and lets the other animals jump, tackle or sleep with her.

The other bunny is new (got him two days ago) for now its name is Snuggles but that could change once his personality comes out more.
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:24 PM

My family has a 2 1/2 yo mini-dachshund named Scooter and a cockateil named Sweetie Pie (about 3 yo) We lost 2 other pets in August--our other dachshund, Bonnie, was 16 yo and her body was just shutting down. It was a very difficult decision--I had her since she was 4 months old. My son's gerbil died the same week.

Scooter loves having me home for recovery! She especially loves our daily naps (she hogs the king size bed) and also snuggles under the afghan when I sit in the recliner. She's a hoot to watch. Sweetie Pie just loves to whistle and make noise--especially if she thinks she isn't getting enough attenetion.
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:44 PM

or girl dog is a black lab red healer mix -- and it took us 3 days to name her -- but she is DAKOTA LYNN
our boy dog is 100% pure bred mutt -- to the point of coyote or fox in him -- he would be almost considered autistic if he were human -- he came with his name -- and since he is kinda slow -- we decided to keep it -- he was originally called RED FRED ( as his brother was black barney) but we just call him FRED DOG.
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:02 PM

My cats:

Evangeline -- Because that's my favorite name

Malinkaya -- A Russian endearment meaning "Little One"

Chloe -- My second favorite name

Hunter -- Because when she was a kitten she would pounce on anything, including wrinkles in the blanket

Bezhenaya -- Russian for "Little Refugee" -- a stray whose life I saved (for some reason I like Russian names for female cats)

Stasha -- Because she has a Groucho Marx moustache

We usually call Bezhenaya "Squeak" because when we were nursing ehr back to health that was the only noise she could make. And she's very little, like a squeak in the house...
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:10 PM

5 cats
Garfield: 27 # cat... the exact twin of Garfield
Brother: Gray kitten the neighbor abandon
Sister: black- gray kitten the neighbor abandon
Mackaylla: our 19 year old kitty
Rusty a smaller version of Garfield

1 bear: Baby...
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:30 PM

My pug dog's name is Sushi...my sister named her for me as she thought it was the perfect name and so do we!!
Unread 12-23-2007, 02:16 AM

Pepper, adopted from shelter in Florida, mostly black lab, Salty, mostly white border collie, also shelter dog, her name was Shawnee, just didn't fit.
Two cats, dumpster adoptees at 6wks of age, I think brother and sister, ginger male is Pye, after Pyewackett in 'Bell, Book and Candle', sister Girlie, or Princess, depending on her mood, both about 12yrs old, also 4yr old diffused/blue calico female, Daisy Mae, total(!!) spaz, but we love her just the same, you should see her get the dogs going!
Mary Kay/aka Bulldoggrl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register