How do you handle... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you handle... How do you handle...

Unread 05-12-2006, 07:18 AM
How do you handle...

How do you handle heavy bleeding? When I have my period I bleed heavily from 10 to 14 days. I'm so exhausted when it's over. Plus I double pad and wear a 2nd pair of underwear with a folded cloth baby diaper to help catch any overflow. It's almost impossible to go anywhere in this condition.

Autumnsummer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2006, 07:26 AM
How do you handle...

Been there, got the T-shirt! The only thing to do is have plenty of super tampons with super pads and ALWAYS have a bathroom near by! You do give up doing alot of fun things because you just can't. I'm almost 8 weeks post op and life is good! Just hang in there, it's almost over!
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:35 AM
How do you handle...

Autumnsummer :therethere:

Yep, there were literally weeks when I could not get out of my house because I couldn't be away from a bathroom for more than 5 minutes.

I never found a way to get out, except for my hysterectomy. I hope your surgery provides you with the same happiness I have found with my new freedom.

s,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2006, 07:48 AM
How do you handle...

Get the ultra plus super tampons. They hold more than just the basic super. I usually go thru a super tamp, and a pad in about an hr, but with the ultra super I can go without changing about every 2-3hrs. Af is coming in about a week, and I'm not looking forward to it...but i am looking forward to my hyster
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:51 AM
How do you handle...

You sound like me I have been having heavy periods for the last three years with tons of bleeding and pain that just is so bad that I can not function. I have just sch. my hyst for june 21st I am so happily waiting for this so that I can enjoy life and not be on pain killers every month . I have been taking motrin 800 every two to three hours plus vicks' when the pain is so bad . Heating pad all day long and a loving husband that tends to every need.Good luck let us know whats happing
Unread 05-12-2006, 08:45 AM
How do you handle...

Please be careful with the motrin. I aslo tried taking it every 3 hours and ended up with a whole digestive tract full of ulcers. Believe me I do understand labor-like pains lasting for weeks, but trust me when I say it gets worse when you add all those ulcers on top of it.

My Doctor told me I could take motrin every 6 hours, and tylenol every 4 hours. It's true it didn't take the pain away completely, but nothing did until I had my hyst. I just don't want you to add insult to injury.

S,
Kay
Unread 05-12-2006, 09:07 AM
How do you handle...

Depends Underwear...they're more absorbant than napkins!!!
(and you don't have to rinse them out!)
Unread 05-12-2006, 09:07 AM
How do you handle...

I feel your pain, I used to double tampon and wear a pad and still would leak....The month before my surgery I was a week late and thought maybe menopause was arriving, I nended up starting period and like a fool I went to the grocery store 5 minutes away and I started leaking has to rush out.I am so happy those days are over and it seems a lifetime ago, keep the faith, this wil soon be over,,,,
Unread 05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
How do you handle...

This has worked for me but it is unconventional. I use those urine incontinence underwear like depends. They are extremely absorbant and works great. I also use (I did this by mistake but it worked so I keep using it). There are also urine incontence pads that are also extremely absorbant. Since I've been using both of these together, no more embarrasing accidents. It doesn't stop the heavy periods or pain of course but it helps me deal with a very bad situation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register