Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Feb 28, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Feb 28, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Feb 28, 2021

Unread 02-28-2021, 12:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Feb 28, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2021, 12:05 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Feb 28, 2021

Hi my name is Jenna I am going on 36 and have my hysterectomy on the 3rd. They will take my remaining ovary out and check for endometriosis in and on my bladder kidneys and liver and anywhere else. I have had so many laparoscopic surgeries since I was 19 so I am ready. I have been in pain since December and I can’t stand or sit or lay without needing to be on pain medicine and a heating pad. I have a two year old and some family flying in to help. I would love any support and advice along the way. Thank you.
Unread 02-28-2021, 03:12 AM

Hello March Hyster Sisters!
My name is Molly. I am 48. I went in for my annual on December 28th.
They said that my uterus was "swollen". An ultrasound revealed an 11 cm cyst on my left ovary. The cyst is most likely benign. Overall the cyst makes my back tender, but I am not in acute pain.

My doc recomended taking out my uterus and cervix as well.
I am quite nervous about that, but I think it is the best thing to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2021, 05:54 AM

Hey ya'll. I am 39 and scheduled for a vaginal hysterectomy on 3/2 . I have grade 3 changes on my cervix and they have come back with other treatments. I have always had super heavy, painful periods. So it has to go. I will be keeping my ovaries as long as they look good.
I have three kids,3,16,15 and my hubby so plenty of help.
I am not looking forward to recovery. I have a list of daily reminders to help me remember to take it easy and slow.

Unread 02-28-2021, 06:35 AM

Hello Sisters! My name is Christina. I'm 37. I went in over a year and a half ago because It seemed my bladder wasn't emptying all the way and I was concerned the endo was wrapped around my bladder. I also have incontinence, more like a slow leakage, not a sneeze or cough issue and urinary urgency. I was offered Orilissa. That was out. I went to another doctor nine months later and he suggested a hysterectomy. I wanted time to think about it and then I moved. I went in early this year and she recommended the same thing, only this time I had pain on my right side like never before.

I've had endo removed when I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2009. I was told then I would need it removed again. I had that done in 2012 along with my right ovary removed and a uterine ablation. The ablation lasted 4 months before the periods started again, and at the first appointment I found out Righty had grown back (ORS).

So they are going in tomorrow (3/1) via a RALPH along with a cystoscopy. Righty is coming back out. They are going to try to save Lefty, but it depends if she is salvageable. Cervix and uterus, which also has adenomyosis, is coming out, along with any endo Doc sees. Doc has the urologist and general surgeon on call in case there are issues with my urinary system, bowels or other organs.

I'm ready to have it out. It's been offered several times and I wasn't quite ready to be down that long. The other two laparoscopies I've had were easy. Everyone is right about the gas they use to blow you up- that was the most painful for me. My doc gave me clearance to have a shoulder massage done 72 hours after surgery. My MT is a friend of mine so she said she will come to my house when I am feeling for it.

While in quarantine, I've cleaned my house from top to bottom this weekend and cooked and prepared food to be cooked. I live next door to my dad. Keeping an eye on him (he's been fighting prostate cancer for a few years now, but he is doing very well. It's all about management at this point.) My mom is coming the first two days, dad will help the middle of the week and my sisters are coming the following weekend. My kiddo is staying at her dad's.

I had never researched endo that much until this constant pain came into the picture. It explains a lot of the come and go pain I've had for years, the weight gain and difficulty getting it off, the IBS, hopefully, even the migraines. I'm extremely optimistic to see what new lease on life I'll have after I heal up.

Much love and healing to all of you!

Christina
Unread 02-28-2021, 06:56 AM

Hi everyone. I am 35 and will be having an abdominal hysterectomy (everything is coming out) tomorrow, 3/1. I was diagnosed with hormone positive breast cancer in February of last year and part of treatment is having at least my ovaries removed. My thoughts were to not leave other organs that can get cancer (and as messed up as it is, one of my meds to prevent breast cancer coming back has been known to cause uterine cancer). I also have a rather large teratoma attached to my left ovary that is coming out also. I wanted to go vaginal but my gyn and I decided with the teratoma and the need to get every tiny piece of of my ovaries out to prevent cancer recurrence, abdominal was the way to go! I have been in medical menopause most of the last year due to cancer treatments including and ovary suppression injection every 28 days since August, so I at least know what menopause is like. I do have one child, she’s 7. My mom will be staying with me while my husband works. Good luck, everyone!!!
Unread 02-28-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deforke View Post
Hi my name is Jenna I am going on 36 and have my hysterectomy on the 3rd. They will take my remaining ovary out and check for endometriosis in and on my bladder kidneys and liver and anywhere else. I have had so many laparoscopic surgeries since I was 19 so I am ready. I have been in pain since December and I can’t stand or sit or lay without needing to be on pain medicine and a heating pad. I have a two year old and some family flying in to help. I would love any support and advice along the way. Thank you.

You've got this, Jenna!!
Unread 02-28-2021, 07:34 AM

Hello!
I am having a full Abdominal tomorrow. Was hoping for the tubal but I have a 19cm mass in my abdomen which is branching out into an ovary and a cyst. There are too many risks of the Dr trying it the other way. She said she will be able to look for signs of cancer and take more samples for biopsy if needed. I’m already in menopause. Trying not to freak out too much! Wish you all good health and recovery!!
Unread 02-28-2021, 07:44 AM

Hello, friends! My name is Natalie, I'm 43, and having a hysterectomy on 3/2. They're removing my uterus, tubes, ovaries, cervix, and doing reconstructive work on my colon. They are going to start laproscopically, and move to an abdominal cut if that isn't working. I was supposed to have this surgery on 2/18, but they moved my surgery back (two days before!) because the colon Dr decided to do a colonoscopy on 3/1. I have Stage 4 Endo that has really done a number on my bowel and now a section of it is dead and must be removed.

I have a 16 year old at home, an 18 year old at college, and I've prepped 25 freezer dinners for my hubby and daughter. I'm spending this entire week with my mom, who doesn't have stairs, and my biggest worry about this procedure and then surgery is bringing covid home to my mom. My prayers and best wishes are with all of you... I did this thread two weeks ago when I was scheduled for the original surgery, and what has stuck me the most today is how young we all are. Two weeks ago, I was one of the youngest getting a hysterectomy, and this week I'm on the older end. That's crazy! But, it feels good to know I'm not alone this week.
Unread 02-28-2021, 08:27 AM

Dear Sisters,

I’m just dropping by to cheer you on. ❤️.

For some of us, the scariest part is waiting for the big day, but we are here to cheer you on, You are stronger than you think - you can and will do this! Have confidence in yourself and in the skill of your surgeon. Try to think of the big picture - and that this surgery will one day be a memory that symbolizes your strength. ❤️

It really does help to keep busy doing things you enjoy and surrounding yourself with positive friends and family. Even if you can’t physically be with those you love, try Face Time or chatting through social media. You are in the home stretch. Staying positive can help reduce stress.❤️

Take care and know you are not alone on your journey.

TIPS:
Travel light for the hospital and remember comfy clothes and shoes to wear home from the hospital.

Also remember a small pillow to wear under your seatbelt for the ride home. Additionally, this pillow will also help cushion the blows of little people and rambunctious pets, coughs, laughing and sneezing. You may also benefit by having several small pillows available for resting in bed.

Sometimes, for those of us not used to sleeping on our sides, a long body pillow may prove the most comfortable. Or possibly a recliner with lots of squishy pillows.

Today is a great time to double-check your "recovery nest" to make certain you have the items you need at your fingertips. Getting out of bed can prove a bit challenging at first, so you may want to have a bed rail, or, a sturdy chair or small table to steady you as you get up. Remember those non-slip slippers for marching around the house. Have light reading next to your bed and your favorite movies.

And don't worry about anything you didn't get to clean or errands you didn't get to - concentrate on all you have accomplished to get this far.

Best of luck all. ❤️
Marcia
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register