Tummy feels weird at 5 months post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy feels weird at 5 months post hysterectomy Tummy feels weird at 5 months post hysterectomy

Unread 07-21-2021, 01:14 PM
Tummy feels weird at 5 months post hysterectomy

My abdominal hysterectomy was 2-16 everything gone except cervix and all was removed due to endo some of which attached itself to my lower intestine but was told wasnt a concern enuff to remove.
I had 32 staples vertical fro above my bellybutton to below my gut due to size of the cyst 18 cm.
I went to have a bump to right of my bellybutton checked out and was told it’s scar tissue. There is a weird feeling in right side still. Especially when I sit down on potty. My bowls are working good no issues with smells or pain just a weird feeling to right side of incision. Anyone else have this ? I’ve read about “swells belly” will my abdomen ever feel “normal” again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2021, 02:03 PM
Re: Tummy feels weird

Is it pain? Numbness? Sensitivity? I'm thinking you may be experiencing a little bit of nerve damage, but it's hard to say.

I had an uber-sensitive spot between two of my incisions on the left side which I finally figured was nerve damage. I couldn't lean up against a counter or carry anything against it, yet the skin was numb. Definitely strange. I noticed some improvements at 4 months and 6 months, and it finally went away after 10 months.

Unread 07-22-2021, 07:28 PM
Re: Tummy feels weird at 5 months post hysterectomy

I would also like to hear about the swelly belly issue. Does the surgery cut some needed support ligaments for the flatter stomach I had preop? Does this go back to where it was at some point.. I have googled it a dozen ways and do not get that answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2021, 06:12 AM
Re: Tummy feels weird at 5 months post hysterectomy

The ligaments which get cut are the support ligaments for the uterus. A good drawing from Clinicalgate.com is here. Looks like overkill until you realize what kind of ligament support is needed during a pregnancy.

Your abdominal muscles are external to not only the uterus, but intestines and all of our other internal organs, and the muscles are not held in place by the uterine support ligaments. They're attached to your skeletal structure, and to each other, via their own ligaments and fascia, separated by sheaths. I think this is a pretty good stock image; there are more detailed ones out there.

Yes, it is possible to have a flatter belly again after a hysterectomy. Once my swelling went down, my tummy was flatter than it had been in a few years since I no longer had all those fibroids. I actually had fit and flat belly going pretty good about 2 years ago during a fitness challenge.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register