3 weeks post hysterectomy today (6/30) and dealing with anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy today (6/30) and dealing with anxiety 3 weeks post hysterectomy today (6/30) and dealing with anxiety

Unread 07-21-2021, 04:38 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy today (6/30) and dealing with anxiety

Hello!
So glad I found this group!! I am 3 week post hysterectomy today and am dealing with anxiety or possible big hormone swings that make me feel panicy. I have so much breast pain as well. I am currently averaging about 5,000-6,000 steps a day and feel pretty good for the most part. We are leaving for a family vacation this Saturday which makes me a bit nervous as I don’t want to over do it, cause any issues or get a blood clot from sitting in the vehicle driving 12 hours (which we do plan on stopping frequently so I can walk around) Anyone else dealing with the mental part of it? The emotions, the odd hormone dips causing you to feel like you are having a heart attack but really it’s just anxiety and panic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2021, 06:11 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy today and dealing with anxiety

Pin pointing the source of anxiety can be tricky post, it could be;
- environmental (covid cases rising
- your one or both ovaries still “sleepy” creating an imbalance of hormones
- you’re experiencing PMS as you kept your ovaries (cycles still present but no bleeding)
- your upcoming trip is causing stress/anxiety (hard to recognize at time)

For the car journey, if you’re concerned about clots, even if you’ll stop regularly, consider wearing compression stockings
Unread 07-21-2021, 06:56 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy today and dealing with anxiety

I totally got those anxiety/panic attach feelings while still in the hospital, they settled at home. I'm still getting bouts of health anxiety ( I have one slow healing insisions and therefore must be diabetic) bit after 6 weeks the panic attacks have gone way down.

Interestingly my heart rate will still spike and it feels like a panic attack but it's really a sign to walk slower or sit down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2021, 04:09 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy today (6/30) and dealing with anxiety

I'm an anxious person by nature, and I've found yoga and meditation to be highly calming; if fitness centers in your area are still under lockdown, or if you want to stay safe by avoiding them, then you can find classes online. For the breast pain, here are a few top tips: eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet, including regular servings of cruciferous vegetables, to help your body to metabolize excess estrogen; avoid caffeine from coffee, regular tea, chocolate, and cola drinks, and processed foods containing large amounts of sodium; supplement with GLA from evening primrose oil, and/or DHA and EPA from fatty fish or a fish oil supplement; choose a supportive wire-free bra, like those made for joggers; vigorously rub your hands together and cup your breasts for a DIY heat pack. To prevent blood clots during the car ride, be sure to drink plenty of alcohol-free, caffeine-free beverages, and ask your doctor about taking a low-dose aspirin. Best wishes for an enjoyable trip, and for continued health and healing!
Unread 07-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy today (6/30) and dealing with anxiety

and

You've received some great advice about anxiety, emotions and post-op. A little more in depth explanation: For many of us, our ovaries can be offline for several weeks due to the trauma and perhaps a compromised blood supply, and that can leave us with symptoms of a hormonal imbalance, including run-amok emotions and heightened anxiety. What you're experiencing is not uncommon.

Since you've just joined us, you might find these resources helpful in knowing what to expect during these first weeks:I'd also like to invite you to connect with your Recovery Thread for women who had surgery the same week as you at Recovery Progress Reports for June 28-July 04. Recovery Threads are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, encouraging others, and keeping one another company.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register