Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 17, 2021 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 17, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 17, 2021

Unread 10-17-2021, 06:05 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Oct 17, 2021

Hello! My name is Jessica. Iím having a total hysterectomy on Wednesday October 20th. I am scared out of my mind. The doctor doesnít know if Iíll be able to keep my ovaries. Iíve had a lot of pain the last 4 years. My husband and I have been trying for our own biological child since 2017. I just turned 35. Weíve had over 13 miscarriages, 3 ectopic pregnancies. The first one required surgery and they cleared my left tube, the second was 2 shots of methotrexate, the third required my left tube to be removed because it ruptured. I was diagnosed with pelvic congestion syndrome. They still donít know the reason for all the ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages. But the constant pain is whatís led me to a hysterectomy. Iím lucky if I have 5 good days in a month. Heavy periods with golf ball sized clots. The blood loss has caused me to faint a few times. Iím always moody because my cortisol levels are off the charts from the pain. Even with all of that, I still donít know if itís the right choice. But typing it out like this made me realizeÖ I need to do this for my quality of life to improve. Itís really nice to know Iím not alone in all of this. I have a very supportive husband, but itís very helpful to hear stories of real life experiences of women who have went through/are going through the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2021, 07:32 PM

Hello Iím Meka. In 11 1/2 hours I will be in surgery and I Iím so anxious I wanna pukeÖor eat everything in the house. Iím emotionally prepared just this surgery is big. Iím looking forward to not spending everyday in pain but not looking forward to the hard stuff to get there *sigh* I am happy to have others going through the same roller coaster.
Unread 10-17-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDBulldog View Post
Hi all! Iím Rebecca. Was just going to do a BSO for cancer risk reduction (Iím BRCA2) but gyn-onc recommended LAVH too because 1) polyp and 2) then I wonít need progesterone. Iíve had BAD mood reactions to hormonal BC before so Iím pretty nervous about HRT but hoping the estrogen only patch will be ok for me. Iím 42 but seem to be starting perimenopause and it is NOT awesome. Terrible mood swings, cramps, hair loss etc. as if to solidify my decision to evict all these body parts, I started a heavy period 2 days ago after what I was 100% sure was my last one less than 3 weeks ago. Nervous about the surgery and recovery with 2 small kids at home but Iím not here for this perimenopause marathon. Trying to look at it as a short cut past all that! Good luck everyone!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by TDBulldog View Post
Wish I could do food prep or clean the house top to bottom or take a spa day, lol. With a 7 and 4 year old, a spouse out of the country for a canít-miss family milestone event this weekend, a job that had me working down to the wire Friday with more to do before I can fully sign off, four baskets of laundry to fold and put away, sheets and towels to wash for my pre-op hibiclens showers, hospital bag to pack, etc. etc. etc., I have no idea how Iíll do it all. Next time I schedule a surgery I will remember to take a week of sick leave *before* the operation!
Rebecca. Iím so glad you have a good GYN ONCOLOGIST Ö itís good you could talk this option through with him. I couldnít take any BC because of how it affected me Ö I understand. the estrogen only patch will work well for you.

I know your to do list is overwhelming. Try to concentrate on what you must have done before surgery Ö sheets and towels washed and your bag packed. Do you still have things to sign off on at work?

Do you have a friend/family who could help you a bit with a few things?

Please know you are not alone Ö weíll be with you on this journey.

on your surgery Ö weíll see you on the other side.
Unread 10-17-2021, 08:31 PM

Hi, all. I had my COVID test today, go tomorrow for bloodwork, then surgery on Thursday. I am both sad and excited to be going through this and to be getting this over with. I've been having issues for nearly 10 years. This year things got really bad, and hysterectomy is the best option.
I pray each of you the very best. This week may be tough, but we are tougher.
Unread 10-17-2021, 11:59 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread Oct 18-Oct 24,2021

Our time today has come to an end - our Pre-Op Open House Chat Thread is now closed. Thank you to all our members who attended as we support one another - women helping women.

The staff of HysterSisters is sending you hugs for the best outcome for your hysterectomy.

As you wait for your scheduled surgery, if you have more questions, please start a new thread discussion here in Pre-op hysterectomy forum area.

Then, after your surgery, there will be a specially created thread for our members who have surgery this week. Look for it in the Post-op Hysterectomy Recovery forum - specifically the Hysterectomy Recover Reports forum with dates matching your surgery date. You will find your surgery sisters there.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register