Lost cervix uterus and ovaries, no estrogen allowed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lost cervix uterus and ovaries, no estrogen allowed Lost cervix uterus and ovaries, no estrogen allowed

Unread 10-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Lost cervix uterus and ovaries, no estrogen allowed

Any advice? In addition to having nothing left but my vagina (no cervix), I had radiation for uterine cancer almost 3 years ago. I have scarring and I’m (I mean my vagina is) much smaller.
I was in an abusive marriage at the time of the diagnosis and surgery, and had a son born through surrogacy just a few weeks after the cancer treatment ended (he’s almost three now)
All that to say, I did not use dilators or have sex throughout all that time.
In the past few months I have met someone I trust and love enough to have sex with, and am now trying to figure out how to have that not be so painful (even when it doesn’t hurt during sex, immediately afterward my entire pubic area cramps unbearably if I orgasm). I’m also trying to figure out if there is something I can take (no estrogen allowed because of the kind of cancer I had -they assume from doing ivf because I was 37, 115 lbs, and didn’t have BRCA gene)
to help in having a more normal sex drive?We are very unmatched in a way that is frustrating for us both, in that he is a fully libido-ed testosterone-laden 40 year old man. -and I’m an ovary-less, estrogen lacking exhausted single mother.
Is there any hope for regaining my once very active sexual self? Prior to pre-terrible marriage and body trauma I was a very sexual Scorpio lady who found a lot of fun and meaning in sex. Now I’m just a scrawny hull with the occasional flicker of desire even though I’m very attracted to my boyfriend. One sexual encounter now leaves me (sexually speaking) emotionally and physically exhausted for weeks
Please help if y’all can??
Thanks very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2021, 10:15 AM
Re: Lost cervix uterus and ovaries, no estrogen allowed

I'm sorry that you're having problems, and hope that members who can relate from experience will be along to share.

While you wait for input, there are helpful articles in the Menopause and Hormones - Articles resource with ideas on how to manage surgical menopause without hormones. If you haven't sought help from your doctor for the problems that you are having, it's important that you do that. Your doctor might suggest using dilators, doing some pelvic floor therapy, or maybe will have other ideas or combination of things that could help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register