Recurrent Metastatic Cancer(s) and/or New Cancer(s) and/or Something Else | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recurrent Metastatic Cancer(s) and/or New Cancer(s) and/or Something Else Recurrent Metastatic Cancer(s) and/or New Cancer(s) and/or Something Else

Unread 10-19-2021, 03:11 AM
Recurrent Metastatic Cancer(s) and/or New Cancer(s) and/or Something Else

Been having symptoms that could be explained by several things, including bowel cancer, recurrent metastatic endometrial cancer, recurrent metastatic thyroid cancer, other cancer(s), some combination, and/or maybe non-cancerous things. Saw PCP a couple weeks ago and had chest x-ray and labs then, and pulmonary function test this coming Wednesday. Saw PCP last Friday for more symptoms and she ordered pelvic/abdominal CT scan and GI consult for colonooscopy. Still waiting for the VA to schedule.

So, today, I had pink blood that was the same color as the blood/discharge after my hysterectomy, probably from my vagina. No bladder infection/UTI burning, urgency, frequency, etc. Called the VA and talked to a triage nurse to leave a message for my PCP. Less than an hour later, I got a call back from one of the Womens' Clinic nurses and it seems my CT scan and some other things are suddenly much higher priority and/or the order(s) need to be added to, and back to PCP Wednesday for exam, PAP, labs, and/or referral to gyn or? I still have growth(s) that need to be removed and biopsied, that we've known about since before covid, too

[sigh]

If it does turn out to be cancer(s), time to KILL it (yet again) (emoji was the closest thing I could find for violence against cancer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Re: Recurrent Metastatic Cancer(s) and/or New Cancer(s) and/or Something Else

(((9876))) Please try not to let your mind race too far ahead of your diagnosis. Whatever the outcome, you absolutely will be able to handle things. Sending hugs and prayers your way, dear sister!
Unread 10-19-2021, 08:49 PM

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2021, 05:14 AM

Saw my PCP and had my pulmonary function tests yesterday (Wednesday). Neurology and abdominal/pelvic CT this afternoon.

Gastrointestinal on Tuesday, with colonoscopy and whatever else to be scheduled after the consult.

PCP out of office Friday, so I'll get results of everything except GI consult Monday unless they find something that's an emergency. PCP is trying to get everything collated and keep the number of cooks in the kitchen down to a minimum until we figure out what all is going on and make a plan.

Thankful the VA is working fast and I have a great (female) PCP in the VA Women's Clinic. And the nurses in the VA Women's Clinic are on the ball with gyn cancer symptoms because one of them was the one that really gave the ball a giant shove
Unread 10-23-2021, 11:38 PM

I got my pelvic/abdominal CT scan and my pulmonary function test results on the patient system at the VA Hospital. Some good news and some bad news. Some of the good news is a hiatal hernia that explains the heart and lung-related symptoms. Fixing it should be pretty straightforward The rest of the good news ruled out a bunch of stuff, including some really bad things. The bad news points more in the direction of cancer(s),but more tests will be needed. Fortunately, the most important can/should be able to be done during colonoscopy, or maybe during hernia repair. There are some simple lab tests that "should" rule out/confirm the rest of the stupid stuff

Some of the other things listed in the CT scan results may reflect post-radiation effects [sigh].

PCP consult on Monday. GI Tuesday. Colonoscopy and whatever else to be scheduled.

I'm really glad I could see my results in the online patient system and do some homework before the PCP consult on Monday so I can ask good questions. And because seeing what's in the reports relieves most of the stress of waiting
Unread 10-24-2021, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the update, (((9876))). Remember, one step at a time.
Unread 10-24-2021, 12:53 PM

Hi 9876 - "Warrior Sister"
Will be praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. Whatever the outcome you will kick ***!
Unread 10-24-2021, 08:34 PM

Thank you, Monami and Brocky
Unread 10-25-2021, 09:04 PM

Talked to PCP today.
As I posted yesterday.
Except, PCP says I'm not a candidate for hiatal hernia repair because it's "not bad enough" and the surgery's very unpleasant.

Still no gyn results.
GI consult tomorrow.
Unread 10-25-2021, 09:43 PM

Thinking of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register