Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 27-Oct 03,2021 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 27-Oct 03,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 27-Oct 03,2021

Unread 10-20-2021, 12:24 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 27-Oct 03,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunesky View Post
Hi Ladies,
Welcome Nance1099, glad you joined us here. Fingers are crossed that your path report comes back clean and cancer free.

Rody Dendron: Good Thinking to cancel as I agree driving long periods would be very uncomfortable and once you get where you are going you might be in too much pain to enjoy your vacation. Hope you can reschedule in the future when you are longer in your recovery. Question: did your doctor clear you to take baths? Usually showers are okay, but baths, hot tubs, and swimming are on the restriction list due to concerns of infection. If you are unsure you have been cleared, I would check in with your doctor before you attempt another bath.

Vhise: Yes! Isn’t it nice not have to pee every 5 mins! See my past post with a few article links on Insomnia, you might find some helpful tips that could help you. Hang in there!

Wishing everyone a good night
Hi. Yes, he was very specific that he did not think a bath would cause me any issues or infection. I double checked this with him when I saw him post op. My hospital discharge letter also says that baths were ok. I chose to wait for several weeks.

We have rescheduled our vacation dates for early next year and bonus, we’re able to take advantage of a cheaper time of year to upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2021, 01:03 PM

Hi all! I hope everyone's recovery is going well.

I did my two-week follow-up last Thursday (10/14). She didn't check my cuff (she wants to wait till my 6-week appt), but she did do blood work and my red blood count was low. She recommended Iron FE to help with that. She also recommended melatonin and Unisom due to my insomnia. I'm slowly sleeping through the night!

I finished up my antibiotics Monday (10/18). I'm starting to get an appetite again. My doc also allowed me to WFH so I've been working since Monday also. I'm also back on my supplements.

Mainly, I'm restless because I wanna do everything! But I'm just taking small steps. I walk around in my condo, but I am going to start walking a block every other day. Also, I just need to be patient with my swelly belly. I have a binder, but need to look for supporting underwear. I'm also trying to shower every other day to get my stamina back up.

Take care everyone!
Unread 10-20-2021, 10:03 PM

Hi everyone,
I had my LAVH (I still have my ovaries and tubes)on September 29th. I’ve done pretty well overall, except for one spot in the lower right pelvic area that has ached off and on the whole time. Today it is hurting, not just aching. It hurts in that spot when I walk, when I sit, it doesn’t matter what I do. I took an ibuprofen 800 and put a heating pad on, but it isn’t fully alleviating the pain. The day after surgery we found I am allergic to hydrocodone, so the 800 is the strongest med I have. I haven’t been able to sit in a regular chair for very long because of the pressure I feel and sitting also hurts that tender spot. Is anyone else having pain in one particular spot that is bothersome? I love my doctor, but I am embarrassed to call and complain about a pain when I know I’m only 3 weeks out and she said pain/discomfort is normal, but I’d feel better hearing if other people feel this as well. Thanks for any advice you have ladies!

Robbi
Unread 10-20-2021, 10:08 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 27-Oct 03,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiL View Post
Hi everyone,
I had my LAVH (I still have my ovaries and tubes)on September 29th. I’ve done pretty well overall, except for one spot in the lower right pelvic area that has ached off and on the whole time. Today it is hurting, not just aching. It hurts in that spot when I walk, when I sit, it doesn’t matter what I do. I took an ibuprofen 800 and put a heating pad on, but it isn’t fully alleviating the pain. The day after surgery we found I am allergic to hydrocodone, so the 800 is the strongest med I have. I haven’t been able to sit in a regular chair for very long because of the pressure I feel and sitting also hurts that tender spot. Is anyone else having pain in one particular spot that is bothersome? I love my doctor, but I am embarrassed to call and complain about a pain when I know I’m only 3 weeks out and she said pain/discomfort is normal, but I’d feel better hearing if other people feel this as well. Thanks for any advice you have ladies!

Robbi
I have the same issue, can’t seat straight for long periods.
Unread 10-21-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia713 View Post
I have the same issue, can’t seat straight for long periods.
Mine seems to be getting worse not better. Just cannot get comfortable at all.
Unread 10-23-2021, 02:53 AM

Hi Ladies,

Welcome new sister Robbil, glad you checked in here on the RT. So please never feel bad about calling your doctor and letting them know what it going on. That is what they are there for during your recovery. You could call the doctors office and ask to speak to a nurse or if you have a patient portal send a text message to the doctor and they will get back to you. Either way chat with someone.

For you and all here who are suffering with this type of pain: From my experience and from others I have heard from it sounds like nerve pain, during surgery some of the pelvic floor ligament’s are cut and might take a bit for the nerves to wake up and start firing again. Another possibility could be that during surgery or recovery your sciatic nerve was irritated. Please don’t go on suffering with this, help is there if not with your doctor maybe a Physical Therapist, massage Therapist or a Chiropractor. I personal after checking with my doctor to make sure it was okay I saw both my Chiropractor and Massage Therapist to workout out the kinks. Good luck, let us know how it is going.

Pentothepaper: Glad you are sleeping better and getting out for some walks and fresh air. Stamina will return slowly with time and patience.

How is everyone else doing? Thinking of all of you and sending huge healing hugs
Unread 10-23-2021, 05:06 AM

Hi everyone. I had my surgery (laparoscopic total hysterectomy and tubes removed) on October 1st. I had my follow up a week ago and they said things are healing like they are supposed to but the fatigue and other things are frustrating. It doesn’t help that not only am I uncomfortable but my depression is really making itself known again and I feel isolated. I’m 3 weeks in and another 5 before the dr let’s me go back to work.
Unread 10-23-2021, 11:57 AM

I can relate to the depression part. My pcp upped my antidepressant dose but I guess it might take awhile to notice improvement. I feel like I haven't made much progress with bowel & back/pelvic pain in the last week and still can't eat much at a time. Had a little vaginal bleed with BM today, and then my mind goes to all kinds of worry places such as fistula, scar tissue, and the endometriosis that the surgeon left on my colon. I think I figured with laparoscopic I would feel much better by now but I think the depression/hormone changes aren't helping me cope well. I do feel better emotionally when I can do "normal" things but then worry if I am doing too much. It helps to know others are experiencing similar issues. Sending hugs and hope's for better tomorrows!
Unread 10-24-2021, 07:05 AM

Happy Sunday everyone

What a difference a day makes.... yesterday started in frustration, pain and physical tears. Fed up with not being able to do anything constructive, feeling useless, not being able to get comfortable, tired because I can’t sleep and worried about supposed to be going back to full time work in just over a week.

Physically, apart from back pain and a bit of pulling around the top points of my bikini line everything seems ok. No discharge or spotting since Day 2, bit of a revelation as without being too graphic it was constant pre op (I’d had a large polyp removed a few weeks pre surgery which was how the fibroid was detected)

Getting less tired. Drove a little on Friday, a few miles to the Doctors office and back. Had more issues getting in and out than driving. Put walking on hold as I was in pain and the weather was bad.

Insomnia and hot flashes at night are driving me crazy and I end up falling asleep in the evenings. Hopefully the blood tests will show how to remedy those.

Today I woke up feeling almost normal. Been for a slightly longer walk this morning. Still not up to the speed and length of our local dog walk, so not getting out with them. Definitely getting to understand what is too much and starting to listen to and not dictate to my body.

Hope everyone is ok. We are getting there xx
Unread 10-24-2021, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhise View Post
I can relate to the depression part. My pcp upped my antidepressant dose but I guess it might take awhile to notice improvement. I feel like I haven't made much progress with bowel & back/pelvic pain in the last week and still can't eat much at a time. Had a little vaginal bleed with BM today, and then my mind goes to all kinds of worry places such as fistula, scar tissue, and the endometriosis that the surgeon left on my colon. I think I figured with laparoscopic I would feel much better by now but I think the depression/hormone changes aren't helping me cope well. I do feel better emotionally when I can do "normal" things but then worry if I am doing too much. It helps to know others are experiencing similar issues. Sending hugs and hope's for better tomorrows!
Exactly this ^^^ xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register