Ovarian Cyst Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian Cyst Question Ovarian Cyst Question

Unread 03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

Hi Ladies,
I Have A Cyst 3.4 X4.5 X 5.0CM Is That Big? Also The Report Says There Is A Presence Of Internal Echos On The Ultrsound. Does Anyone Know What That Means? How Is An Ovarian Cyst Removed? I Go To The Dr On Thurs But She Already Told Me It Must Be Taken Off.
Thanks So Much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

The first cyst I had was 6.4cm+. The report says that it was fluid filled. Not sure what type of fluid. I didn't see anything about internal echos in the report. My doc said it didn't get that size overnight and had to come out. I didn't even question it at the time as I was in alot of pain!

I had the cyst removed via a laproscope. A few tiny incisions were made in my belly button. I spent the night in the hospital, but I think now it is a day surgery and they usually send you home the same day unless there is a specific reason why your doc would want to keep you overnight.

I was sore and had a hard time urinating after the surgery, but was feeling better within a few days.

Unread 03-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

Hi Kim! Mine normally got to about 7 cm. They'd resolve themselves, but then return every month. I finally had the ovary removed a couple months ago.
I think the echo is the blood flow to the ovary (which is a good thing if they find that).....? Not positive..! Let us know what your doctor tells you...keep us posted!
Best wishes always!
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

Hi Dimaez
Thanks For Relpying. Any Info You Can Give Me About Your Procedure Will Be So Apprecaited. Did You Have Lap? Did It Hurt? With Only One Ovary Is There Any Difference?
Thanks, Redzie
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Ovarian Cyst Question

I had it done laprascopically. The surgical pain wasn't near what I was experiencing with the cysts. I took 2 weeks to recover and I had no pain by the end of the 2nd week. My one ovary has been doing OK. I have had a cyst develop on that one but has resolved and now I feel better than I have felt in a long, long time. I think things are finally coming around. My cycle seems to be on track again, which it was so out of wack when I had both ovaries. My doctor did put me on a low dose of estrogen just to give my ovary a little help. I did start getting emotional after about a week after surgery and got better after about 3rd week. Meaning, the remaining ovary must have finally kicked in. I felt even better after she gave me just a little estrogen. I know many women that have had just one ovary removed and have absolutely no problems at all hormonally. I'm hoping my last ovary will hold out for another 10 years before hitting menopause. Keeping my fingers crossed!
...So, are you getting just the cyst removed or the whole ovary?
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Ovarian Cyst Question

Nevermind.....I see in another thread that you are scheduled for removal on 3/21. Everything will be just fine. Like I said in my other post, I know many women that are living with only one ovary and have no problems hormonally....
Best wishes!
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

Hi Dimaez!
Thanks So Much. I Just Have To Keep Telling Myself I Will Be Fine. Yes, The Whole Ovary Is Coming Out. I Always Thought They Took Just The Cyst, But I Was So Upset In The Dr Office I Never Even Asked Why. I Am In Good Hands And Will Be Ok. I Just Hear Such Horror Stories About Taking Hormones. My Friend Is A Nurse And Told Me Never To Take Hormones, Only Bio Identicals. Why Does Everyone Say They Have So Much Gas After Surgery? Thanks For All The Help!
Redzie
Unread 03-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Ovarian Cyst Question

That a girl, keep positive! Really, everything will be fine. The gas comes from the gas that they shoot into your tummy so they can do in laprascopically. They blow it up like a balloon. Easier for them to get a visual and to move around. I do know exactly how you are feeling emotionally though. It is hard waiting till that day. Although, I suffered with chronic cysts for over a year. My doctor kept telling me that it wasn't going to get better and needed to come out and couldn't understand how I was able to hold out for so long and feeling so miserable. Finally, I called her and told her to take it out...Well, she had me on that operating table within a couple days before I changed my mind... NO REGRETS, I will tell you that. Even the day before surgery, she gave me a surgical physical and she kept asking me if I was going to show up. I think back now and I feel kind of silly for holding out that long. The pain was not bad at all. I even ended up staying the night because the surgery turned out to be more than just the ovary, but still, it wasn't that bad, in terms of pain.....The belly button was the only thing that really bothered me for a couple weeks.....
I don't know how old your are but your hormones should be just fine also.
Keep me.....
Unread 03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

Hi Diamaez!
Blow Me Up Like A Balloon! That Made Me Laugh! My Tummy Is Already Like A Balloon! All My Weight Is In My Belly! I Normally Look As If I Am Nine Months Pregnant! So That Should Be Fun! I Am 47 And So Far No Menapause, So My Hormones Are Good For Now. I Am Extremly Emotional. I Have No Children So This Is Sort Of...its Hard To Explain. I Feel Sad. I Feel As If This Ovary Is What God Gave Me And Intended Me To Use To Have Kids And I Never Did What I Should Have. I Have Been In An Abusive Relationship For Many Yrs And I Could Of Never Had Kids With Him. But...i Am Sad That I Never Did. And Now, It Is Sort Of Final. I Just Cry For No Reason And I Am Just Very Depressed. I Am Trying To Be Positive, But I Just Feel Wiped Out. The Last Few Months Have Been A Rollarcoaster Ride For Me, Beginning With My Abnormal Pap And Leading To This. I Have No Pain At All With The Cyst So For Me, I Just Wish I Could Ignore It. But The Dr Says It Must Come Out And The Ovary Be Tested For Cancer, I Guess Cause Of The Pap. Thanks A Million For Listening To Me. It Is So Great To Have All Of You Wonderful, Brave, Women, To Help Me.
God Bless...redzie
Unread 03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Ovarian Cyst Question

I am dropping by to give you a link to an article regarding the gas and lap surgery: "After the Lap".

Many best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register