Hysterectomy was July 8, 2021 / continued pain swelling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy was July 8, 2021 / continued pain swelling Hysterectomy was July 8, 2021 / continued pain swelling

Unread 10-22-2021, 08:43 AM
Hysterectomy was July 8, 2021 / continued pain swelling

If anyone can help me because my doctor keeps telling me everything is fine. I am 15 weeks post opp and have gone back and forth with recovery. I had a short time where I was feeling better. We recently went on vacation and had beach time and some walking. I have also started exercising again every morning (modified Barre blend). I am still swelling, I have gained 15 pounds since surgery (I gained 7 after surgery and never lost it, then 8 more after the 6 weeks) I am attempting to lower calorie Intake but nothing helps. What is everyone’s experience?

I have continued painful sex (I am not too dry and I still bleed a little about every one out of three times).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Re: Surgery was July 8, 2021/continued pain swelling

if you're having painful sex and bleeding after sex, insist that your dr do an internal exam to make sure your vaginal cuff is healed. you don';t want to have sex if it isn't. it sounds like your body hasn't healed yet and doing exercise every morning is aggravating things? maybe just stick to walking for now. if your dr doesn't listen to you, you can always get another opinion!
Unread 10-22-2021, 01:34 PM
Re: Surgery was July 8, 2021/continued pain swelling

and The road to full healing takes longer than the 6-8 weeks we're under a doctor's care - it's more like 4, 6 months, and maybe longer. I would get dull cramps and swelling whenever I'd do more than my body was ready to handle. Often it was from specific activity, like power washing the porch, heaving a 24-pack of soda over my head on a high shelf, a beach day of body surfing and walking on the sand. One time it was a long day of going to an outdoor concert after work, and I was sitting, standing and driving for 18 hours. The last time I dealt with it was after a short but intense abs workout - at 5 months.

Whenever I'd get symptoms, I'd spend the next day or two doing much less and would take ibuprofen if needed. If you're exercising daily, you're not giving your body the break it needs. I would start there.

The painful sex and bleeding from it, I wholly agree with Dressedup that you should get in touch with your doctor, or find one who listens to you. It's not an emergency, but something isn't the way it should be - could be an unhealed area (granulation). Also, you may think you're not to dry, but it doesn't take much vaginal dryness to have discomfort, burn a little afterwards, and maybe wipe pink or bleed. I do recommend lubrication until the ovaries get back up to speed. For me, it was somewhere between 12-16 weeks, but it varies from Sister to Sister.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2021, 11:16 AM

Hi there I am Maddy. I had Mines on July 31st, Same results here. I dont know what is going on.. how are you feeling?
Unread 10-23-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDYRIVERA View Post
Hi there I am Maddy. I had Mines on July 31st, Same results here. I dont know what is going on.. how are you feeling?
I am still feeling the same, however after working out all week it’s not bad as far as pain. I will have a few random sharp shooting pains I think around my incision site or maybe somewhere in my upper vaginal area… idk. To Answer everyone else also, I called and a different nurse called me back and said she couldn’t tell me anything but have me come in. Other nurse had said I could come in before as well but I was like I am not coming in just for y’all to tell me “I’m fine” and all this is “normal”. I do absolutely notice swelling after a hard day and that is hard not to associate with healing and not just being too fat. I am 15 weeks out am shocked there is so much healing left to do, but I am learning to adjust. However sex is so incredibly painful and then halfway thru I am okay but after it is so sore and painful to even pee after.
Unread 10-23-2021, 02:05 PM

I have random sharp shooting pains too around my groin area, inside my vagina and radiates down my legs leaving me so weak.. I had trunk o treat with the kids and was standing for 3 hrs maybe thats why.
I tried sex one week ago and it was fine until the next day when i got all swollen and cramps so we cant have sex again for a while. My poor hubby is so sweet, he sees me saying poor babe he does not know how to comfort me. Nothing is comfortable i just lay in bed while the kids run wild..I am also back in School and I believe My stress is whats making me ache and my bloated belly.. i barely eat ive lost my appetite yet still makes me look preggo.. I have gained weight and my joints and legs hurt alot. I Have Insomnia too, night sweats are the worst..This is cray.

Same here…
Unread 10-23-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDYRIVERA View Post
I have random sharp shooting pains too around my groin area, inside my vagina and radiates down my legs leaving me so weak.. I had trunk o treat with the kids and was standing for 3 hrs maybe thats why.
I tried sex one week ago and it was fine until the next day when i got all swollen and cramps so we cant have sex again for a while. My poor hubby is so sweet, he sees me saying poor babe he does not know how to comfort me. Nothing is comfortable i just lay in bed while the kids run wild..I am also back in School and I believe My stress is whats making me ache and my bloated belly.. i barely eat ive lost my appetite yet still makes me look preggo.. I have gained weight and my joints and legs hurt alot. I Have Insomnia too, night sweats are the worst..This is cray.

Same here…
I have gained 15 after surgery total. I gained 7 straight after surgery like the morning after I came home (I spent one night in hospital) I weighed in a full 7 pounds heavier. Everyone said “oh that’s just fluid from Iv.” But it never went away and I gained another 8 pounds on top of it. I looked at my Apple Watch activity and there were a few days I sat absolutely still and did nothing but overall I would still burn a minimum of like 2-2,4K calories. I had to make myself eat as well. So it frustrates me when doctors also like to say “well you were having to be still for months so that could cause weight gain. And then eating on top of that.” I’m like It was a struggle to make myself eat. I am so annoyed.

I hope to find some answers. I am also taking Wellbutrin which seems to spike my libido so abstaining hasn’t been an option entirely. I will clench my teeth and work thru the pain and have regrets later….

I just thought I am also taking testosterone which was low before surgery. Not sure if that’s an issue with weight gain but shew we shall see
Unread 10-27-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylulu View Post
I have continued painful sex (I am not too dry and I still bleed a little about every one out of three times).
Hey sorry to hear about your weight issues. You say about not too dry - I thought the same but had major discomfort every time I tried to walk at a decent pace. I’m now on localised oestrogen which has helped vaginally. I have external soreness as well but you don’t mention that. Have you tried something like Yes lubricants for sex which also target menopausal dryness as well as provide lubrication? I’m still too scared to have sex because of the pain I have had.

Re belly/pains - yep, I wasn’t prepared for how long all this could take. My belly is still swollen and firm all day - it’s a bit softer than it was. I’m exercising it gently but no movement on its size. I get slightly prickly pains when I turn over in bed which I know is still internal healing.
Unread 10-28-2021, 05:53 PM

Ladies, Yesterday I Went to My Dr I could not stand by myself.. I have a previous post about groin pain and sharp pain down my legs..So please go get checked out because in my case yesterday I Found out I have a Bladder infection and a Uti and also popped a cervix stitch trying sex, Dr said no sex until January just to let my insides heal, I had surgery back on July 31st. So I also had to miss school today and I had a midterm exam im in nursing school this goes against my grades so so frustrating & All i say is wait and heal even if you think you can do it all nope just rest, was not a good idea.
Unread 10-28-2021, 06:22 PM

Oh my goodness!!!! I did get in to the doc this past Tuesday. She is treating me for a UTI as I had a small amount of blood in my urine and scheduled me for an ultrasound in two weeks. She agrees that something isn’t right. She said that maybe my ovaries are stuck somewhere. But we need to check them out. She gave me some medicine also for bladder spasms…. Which I was unaware she was going to do but hopefully I helps my constant urge to pee.

I am so sorry you are going thru all that, I def agree and if anyone else is reading this if you are having severe pain just go in and get checked out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register