Insurance Woes! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insurance Woes! Insurance Woes!

Unread 01-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Insurance Woes!

I have a new insurance this year...the dreaded high deductible!
I literally found out I needed this surgery 2 weeks after we made the (only real) choice.

I had that I have to undergo major surgery, be off work for so long, pay 100% of our $6200 deductible, starting with the ultrasound I just had. How am I gonna pay those monthly payments without my income for 6-8 weeks? We live paycheck to paycheck, drive old cars (2 we just dumped 1800 bucks on repairs), and we have credit card bills, plus other things just like everyone else: braces for 2 kids, insurance, school fees for 2 kids, house, blah, blah, blah. WWAAHHH, right?

I really think that 75% of my worry and frustration is over the financial aspects more than the loss of my woman parts. I already gave up having more kids after the ablation 6 years ago. even so, I literally cried pretty hard after I got the news.

I also worry about our sex life. I know I'm not alone here. Do I need a cervix to feel normal? What about him? Does not having a cervix bother the guy? Does anyone have answers?

I am hoping to keep my ovaries, but in the event I loose those, I will go into menopause, which is way earlier than expected. I am 41. But at least I've lasted this long, I guess.

not sure if anyone else can relate or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Re: Insurance Woes!

No, I was the same way about the paperwork and money. We can live without a uterus. We can't live without money, sad as it sounds. And at the moment, it came at a bad time for me family-wise, especially since they screwed some stuff up. Funny how THEIR "mistakes" always seem to result in US owing THEM money? They never make "mistakes" that result in us paying less. Ain't that strange.
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:51 PM

I just found out today that my short term disability company thought I should have went back to work a week earlier than my Dr. did so they didnt pay me for that week. I can file an appeal but that doesnt really pay the bills this week. Also working with the hospitals billing company to work out payments. When I get discouraged I think about how much better I feel and try and focus on that.
As for your cervix and sex. Mine came out along with everything else and after 8 long weeks hubby and I were finally cleared and everything worked fine! My hubby said the only difference was that I was tighter and that was great for him! I felt the same only no pain after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2014, 09:22 PM

I am freaking out about the insurance and money myself. I was supposed to have mine December 19th and it would of been 100% covered because my out of pocket expenses were paid. Due to a biopsy coming back abnormal I had to have day surgery for a larger biopsy that day and my surgery is now scheduled for Feb 27th. Just the doctor portion is going to be $1800 out of pocket before the hospital and everything else which will be my deductible plus my co pay. I just keep trying to remind myself the money is secondary and my health is what is important.

Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register