Upcoming hysterectomy 11/3 - has anyone here got sleep apnea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 11/3 - has anyone here got sleep apnea Upcoming hysterectomy 11/3 - has anyone here got sleep apnea

Unread 10-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 11/3 - has anyone here got sleep apnea

Hi my hysterectomy is set nov 3 has any here got sleep apnea if u have it what measures will the drs take
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2016, 08:47 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/3 - has anyone here got sleep apnea

Do you use a CPAP machine? They will likely have you bring that with you to the hospital. Depending on how bad your sleep apnea is, they may want to keep and monitor you longer. Be sure everyone pre op knows about it, including the anesthesiologist. The breathing tube you'll have during surgery will take care of that phase, it's post op when they'll want to monitor you more. Ask what the plan is so you will know. I got information saying be prepared to be bring your machine, so it must be a frequent issue for them.
Unread 10-30-2016, 09:03 AM

Dont have a machine yet they take too long lol to get them to u I have to go see the CPAP doctor on November 18th that's the soonest they could get me in and I was lucky I could even get ahold of the doctor on the phone to make the appointment they are so busy there so if I don't have a CPAP machine what procedures will they take to ensure I won't have any problems afterwards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2016, 10:35 AM

They tested my oxygen levels post op, and the recovery room nurse was right there to monitor breathing. Hospitals do have their own CPAP machines for severe cases, but I would be sure your Dr and the anesthesia Dr know your status pre op. They may opt to observe you overnight if they are concerned about your breathing. If you had testing done to diagnose you, they might opt to see the results, prior to surgery. Mainly ask your Dr what the plan is, and inform everyone. Maybe getting CPAP could be speeded up to pre op, if it's considered necessary? Worth asking about.
Unread 10-30-2016, 01:20 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 11/3 - has anyone here got sleep apnea

I had my surgery last Monday. I did not know for sure that I had sleep apnea. However, after surgery they let me know I most likely did and they could tell by certain levels and events during surgery.

I think a normal oxygen level is like 100, whenever I went to rest it would go to 60. They had me on monitors that would alert, and they gave me oxygen from one of those clear lines with the 2 things that pushed up into my nose.

The oxygen did the trick no more alarms and everyone was much assured that I could sleep without a drop. Wore the oxygen anytime there was a possibility of me resting.

I will be going for official testing soon.
Unread 10-30-2016, 01:31 PM

I can't say this enough you guys are the bomb it is so nice to have a group of women I could talk to and relate with around me there's not a lot of people going through the exact same thing I'm going through as I said I'm having a full hysterectomy abdominal and a few women in my family had partial hysterectomy they still have their ovaries I'm losing mine so thanks again for all your Insight I will look forward to talking to you more my surgery is on November 3rd not sure the time yet will know on Wednesday I will be going by myself because no one in the family has money to park so I'm kind of on my own so I will be supporting myself that day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register