I Feel Like I am Dying! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Feel Like I am Dying! I Feel Like I am Dying!

Unread 12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Re: I Feel Like I am Dying!

This is pretty much what led me to surgery. I had issues for years, but the year up to my surgery it got ridiculous to the point I went to the ER a few times. Your doc should be able to give you some meds--a prescription pain killer, and possibly an anti-emetic if the pain makes you vomit.
I was at the point that I spent two weeks per month on the sofa with drugs and hot water bottle. It was ruining my life. This surgery was one of the best things I have ever done and I recommend it for anyone in the same boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM

I have been dealing with this for about 10 yrs. I am 30 yrs old. It's hard for me because someday I wanted to maybe have one kid. But I just can't live like this anymore. Pelvic pain, heavy bleeding and just not being able to do anything or go anywhere. I finally ended up in the Er in October. I knew this was it. I was blessed to have found an amazing obgyn dr. I have never had any surgery before. I am scared but excited. I really want my life back. The two cysts on my right ovary are killing me. And the bleeding and clots are ruining my life. I have been bleeding for months. Provera worked at first for me. Then on Thanksgiving I was rushed in the ambulance to the Er. The bleeding wouldn't stop. That's when they bumped me from one pill to taking it every 8hrs. It has made me depressed and still hasn't stopped my bleeding. But I know if I didn't have it. The bleeding would be so much worse than it is. I hope and pray the 18th comes fast. Only thing that scares me is how will I feel after? I know I will be in pain ect. Just scared. I am also hoping he can save my other ovary so I won't need any meds. Thanks for letting me vent. Having a hard time tonight.
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Ava,

Do you have any reproductive therapists near you? I think with anyone this is a hard decision, but with you being so young and not having any children it would be worth it to see someone who specializes in these issues.

I feel for you! (((((Hugs)))))
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Not that I know of. I have tired diff pills and had a d and c. Nothing seems to help. As hard as it is. I have came to realize that this is really what I need to do. I am overweight and that is making it worse as well. My next goal after I am fully healed. Is to lose weight.
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Ava Ann
{{{hugs}}} to you.
Very sorry to read what you are going through.
Hope they can help you at pre-op with your pain.
Try to keep thinking only ten more days and you will be so much better!
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Thank you! I hope the next days go by fast.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register