And the CT Scan results are in... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

And the CT Scan results are in... And the CT Scan results are in...

Unread 05-27-2005, 02:21 PM
And the CT Scan results are in...

And show NOTHING, all is fine and healthy!!! I am not shocked either to tell you the truth. I had to call them today and there was a fill in nurse for him today b/c his normal nurse was off today. She explained to me that these were puliminary results and that they will call me when the final results come in on next Tuesday and tell me what the next step is.

So, I get to sit here and wait all weekend! Oh well, at least I have you all to keep me occupied! LOL! Just wanted to update you!

Thanks,
Keri

P.S. I posted a message about all this on a med help web site. This was the response I received from someone signed surgeon.

when there is a localized spot of such severe tenderness, there's usually something identifiable associated with it. The CT scan has a good chance of showing it. A possibility that it sounds like the surgeon was trying to explain is a hernia of some sort -- meaning some sort of hole with something trapped in it. He might also have been thinking about a trapped nerve: that might explain the injection he referred to -- I can't think of anything else he might have meant. When there's a trapped/irritated nerve as a result of prior surgery, sometimes a cortisone injection into the area can relieve some pain. As to adhesions: usually if they cause pain it's from causing a bowel obstruction, which leads to crampy pain, often with nausea and vomitting. They're not usually a cause of local tenderness as you describe, unless they've caused what's referred to as an internal hernia. Hopefully you'll learn something useful from the scan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2005, 03:03 PM

(((Trickie)))
I do know the frustration of being in pain and having your tests say nothing is wrong. I have and have had an extremely tender abdomen for quite some time. I now know to brace myself whenever I am being examined. A gasp, wince and tight grip on something is usually my M.O. The tenderness has gotten somewhat better since I began accupuncture, but I do still have some bad days.

Don't give up Trickie. Keep looking. Unfortunately the cause and solution for our problems aren't always right in front of us.

Unread 05-27-2005, 03:07 PM

Well have to say, the reply you received makes me mad. Any time you have parts in your pelvis tied together that shouldn't be, its liable to cause pain when normal movement is restricted. That's just common sense. It just burns me up to think there might be a doctor out there that doesn't get it.

Can you reply to that post and point "surgeon" to the International Adhesion Society site for continuing education? In the meantime, "surgeon" gets a for spreading incorrect information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2005, 03:15 PM

Well, honestly that is what I thought. I still think deep down it is adhesions, but hey what do I know?

I can reply to him and am wanting to but just not sure what to say, since he was so convinced that my CT would result in something, which it did not!

Thanks,
Keri
Unread 05-27-2005, 07:02 PM

Michelle, here another reply I had received from my post. Just thought I would share it with you all so you can tell me what you think!

I think you have IBS, because most of the organic causes of your symptoms have been ruled out.
Try confirming IBS, by having a Colonoscopy with Ballon dilatation technique method.
Unread 05-27-2005, 08:28 PM

Oh (((Keri)))) I'm sorry you're still looking for answers I also know how frustrating to be ill or to be in pain and to have all the tests come back negative: while nobody really wants to have anything serious going on, it is frustrating to not have answers and it often means that treatment is delayed.

I do hope that your doctor has answers for you, on Tuesday. Please don't give up
Unread 05-27-2005, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trickie636
Michelle, here another reply I had received from my post. Just thought I would share it with you all so you can tell me what you think!

I think you have IBS, because most of the organic causes of your symptoms have been ruled out.
Try confirming IBS, by having a Colonoscopy with Ballon dilatation technique method.
It is impossible for anyone to diagnose you other than your doctor. We can relate our experience, but anyone on an online message board is not a doctor who has examined you. I would urge you to keep consulting with your doctor and not listening to someone who has not examined nor knows you personally.
Unread 05-27-2005, 08:41 PM

Kim, I totally agree with you! The only reason I posted a message on the board was just to get support. I think I obviously went to the wrong one...LOL! I realize that the only person who can diagnose me is my doctor and I plan on sticking with him! I just really appreciate all the support and advice I get off of this site. It has helped thru my journey more than anyone will ever know or realize.

Hugs,
Keri
Unread 05-27-2005, 08:55 PM

Keri,
There's nothing wrong with getting information and trying to find out what's wrong with you, but just don't think every answer you receive on the net is what is wrong with you. I thought for a long time that my problems were from adhesions, than I had a lap and the doc found not a one adhesion, even though all my previous surgical reports showed that I had a previous problem with adhesions. Hang in there and keep looking for answers.
Unread 05-27-2005, 08:57 PM

Oh I totally understand what your saying. Kim, if you don't mind me asking...what exactly did they find wrong and why were you in so much pain?

Thanks,
Keri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register