Ok when does the insomnia go away? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok when does the insomnia go away? Ok when does the insomnia go away?

Unread 01-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok when does the insomnia go away?

I too have HORRIBLE insomnia - I am 4 weeks Post Op today. I don't have any other problems...I also had a TT so my abdomen is numb (feels weird!) I was actually on Ambien pre op and I have tried to cut down rather than take one a night - not a good idea and didn't work at ALL! I go back to work FT on 1/22 and I am also a FT Graduate student...I would have thought my life would be exhausting enough!
I'm glad to hear it doesn't last - hopefully between further recovery and graduation I may rest sans medication!

Sweet Dreams, Sisters!

~AliceInWonderland~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 01:08 PM

I guess I'm going to have to get some Melatonin, seems to be working for alot of you. I too was put on Ambiem 10mg and it does not seem to be working any more. Guess my body has gotten use to it. Spoke with doc office yesterday and would be my luck my doc is out of town. The nurse said she would talk to him when he got back in the offfice sometime on or around the 22nd. For now I sleep when I can, I go back to work next time so maybe that will help.
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm a year out and still have problems sleeping. Try .3mg of melatonin and also increase your calcium to 2000mg right before bed. That seems to have helped a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 06:06 PM

Melatonin is doses over .3mg can have the opposite affect (keep you up). I discussed this with my GP (lady) and she agreed that all research so far supports small doses over mega doses of Melatonin. Find out what works for you.
Unread 01-16-2008, 06:59 AM

My doc called in Ambien for me yesterday and I took one at 10pm and slept all the way through until 5:30!!!!!! I got up to go to the bathroom and then went back to sleep until 7:30! What a relief. I don't know if I should have but I took a Melatonin at about 9pm first. Hopefully I can just sleep on my own now.
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM

One word about Melatonin
It has been known to be a trigger for migraines so if you are one of those unlucky people who get them be careful. If I take it I will have a migraine that makes a woman want to die within 6 hrs. It took a LONG time to figure out that Melatonin was what was causing my chronic headaches. Since I stopped taking it, I have not had a migraine of that magnitude.
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkorose
One word about Melatonin
It has been known to be a trigger for migraines so if you are one of those unlucky people who get them be careful. If I take it I will have a migraine that makes a woman want to die within 6 hrs. It took a LONG time to figure out that Melatonin was what was causing my chronic headaches. Since I stopped taking it, I have not had a migraine of that magnitude.
I don't get migraines but that is good to know for those that do.
Susie Q
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:37 AM

I do get migraines, so that is very good to know!! Thanks so much.
Unread 01-17-2008, 12:20 AM

4 weeks out here and as you see it's 1:20 am and I'm still up. GOING CRAZY! My dr says once I see the Endocrinologist and get my hormones in order I'll sleep, he also doesn't like to prescribe sleep aid. URRRRRRGGGGG
Unread 01-17-2008, 04:39 AM

I went to Target last night and got Melatonin and took one before bed and slept until around 1am then took another and slept until 6am. I feel great it was nice to sleep, the only thing that kept waking me was the hot flashes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register