3 more days til I am a princess! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 more days til I am a princess! 3 more days til I am a princess!

Unread 03-28-2008, 03:55 AM
3 more days til I am a princess!

3 more days to go! My surgery is at 7:30am Monday! I have some major house cleaning to do tomorrow. I have to get some groceries, go to the library and bank and post office. I am getting my hair conditioned and a pedi tomorrow with a friend. I am also giving my dog a bath. I am so ready emotionally. I want to feel good. This surgery is going to be a step in a new direction for my life. I went to a conference yesterday that was very uplifting. The ladies that presented are life coaches and their messages were great! God has been with me through this whole process and I know only good things can come from it! I pray everyone has the results they hope for. We are all strong women to have to endure all that we have to get to this point and we can do anything we set our mind to. That includes a speedy recovery! I do have to do a bowel prep on Sunday. Even the pharmacist felt sorry for me! Well have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 04:51 AM

Sounds like your preped mentally, which is GREAT! That is a huge (probably the hugest) part of surgery.

Wishing you a very fast recovery and looking forward to your recovery responses on the post-op.
Unread 03-28-2008, 06:40 AM

You do sound ready
Good luck with the bowel prep - while they're not much fun, they can be gotten through
Remember to stay near the potty and have lots of soft wet wipes handy.

Best wishes.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2008, 07:06 AM

I'm right there with you, Barbie.
Will be here and over before you know it.
Unread 03-28-2008, 08:23 AM

Hi Barbie

I'm also going in on the 31st. My surgery is at 12:30. I will be thinking of you . I am also getting things ready- -haircut, pedicure,shopping ,cleaning. I'm ready for the surgery so I can relax. My body thought it would have one last laugh with me. I just got my period again after only having it 2 wks. ago. I guess it just wanted to get 1 more in before it goes bye bye.

Best of luck to you
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:31 AM

Good luck sounds like you are all ready to go hon
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:40 AM
good luck!

You remind me of me!!!...lol....I was SO excited to get on with the show!...and its been 11 days and I ALREADY feel good ! WOW..NO CRAMPS and I havent seen a drop of blood since the 2nd day!!
thats WONDERFUL...hehe...good luck to my sista's!!! see you on the flip side!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 10:06 AM
almost time

ok. Monday is the DAY! I am as ready as i will ever be. I am not nervous like i thought i would be. But, it is only Friday. Good thing is I won't have time this weekend to think about. My niece's bat mitzvah this weekend. So, we are doing something every day this weekend. Bowel prep is sunday (ya) can't wait. Clear liquids starting sat. nite. Dinner will fun that nite. Charge nurse called to confirm my time Monday. Ends up my charge nurse is my neigbor. She will also be my nurse while i am in recovery. So, i am sure the whole block will soon know (l0l). For everyone going in Monday , good luck .

kim
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:43 PM

Monday is the day for me. The house is clean, the food is cooked, I've bought healthy drink and snacks and I've got enough reading material to start my own library.

Saturday these is a small "Goodbye to You-terus" party that is being given in my honor with the big shindig after the recovery.

I have to say, I'm a bit nervous but really excited!!! I can't believe how fast time has gone but this board and all you fine ladies has made me feel really confident in my decision. I know it will be a tough road but there is a rainbow at the end and I'm determined to see it!

Good luck to all having their surgeries in the next couple of days!!!
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Good luck ladies! Here is to a speedy recovery! See you all on the otherside.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register