Scheduled TVH Scared I won't make it to see my babies again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared I won't make it to see my babies again Scared I won't make it to see my babies again

Unread 05-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Scared I won't make it to see my babies again

I have a total scheduled on June 1st via da Vinci as well as a bladder lift..the surgery doesn't scare me. Something going wrong and my babies (14 & 7) being without me does!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Re: Scared I won't make it to see my babies again

It's very normal to be scared of something going wrong. Just try to accept your worries a normal part of the process, and know that in the vast majority of cases everything is just fine. Your doctor and hospital staff are trained and experienced to make sure that you are safe and as comfortable as possible. One problem is that we tend to hear a lot more about the few cases where something does go wrong, because when things are normal, no one says anything. My daVinci hyst was textbook perfect, and at 5 months I feel great. I do remember waking up after the surgery and feeling so ecstatic at being done with it. But maybe that was just the morphine Now, it seems that the surgery and recovery were such a small price to pay for the huge improvement in my quality of life. So, try to keep your worries in perspective. It helps to confide in someone, and if your DH can't handle it, then know that there are plenty of sisters here who have been there.
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Scared I won't make it to see my babies again

Thanks..my husband is a little overwhelmed with my worries..thank u so much for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
It's very normal to be scared of something going wrong. Just try to accept your worries a normal part of the process, and know that in the vast majority of cases everything is just fine. Your doctor and hospital staff are trained and experienced to make sure that you are safe and as comfortable as possible. One problem is that we tend to hear a lot more about the few cases where something does go wrong, because when things are normal, no one says anything. My daVinci hyst was textbook perfect, and at 5 months I feel great. I do remember waking up after the surgery and feeling so ecstatic at being done with it. But maybe that was just the morphine Now, it seems that the surgery and recovery were such a small price to pay for the huge improvement in my quality of life. So, try to keep your worries in perspective. It helps to confide in someone, and if your DH can't handle it, then know that there are plenty of sisters here who have been there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headyna View Post
I have a total scheduled on June 1st via da Vinci as well as a bladder lift..the surgery doesn't scare me. Something going wrong and my babies (14 & 7) being without me does!

Oh dear; I am 3 weeks post-op...all I can say the surgery is worth it.
Surgery doesn't scare you; but it's natural for us to be a little afraid of the unknown..I had feelings of "ready to go" on the surgery part but there were the "but what if something goes wrong?"..
and nobody could calm me down..except one friend said this to me "Have faith in your surgeon".
This isn't the first time that he has performed this and he will take good care of you; he doesn't want anything to go wrong either!

Husbands also have a way of playing "ostrich"..I know mine did..and continues to do so..and I'm so glad I have found this site for endless support..reading what others have gone through..and if I have a question, they've answered..there is always someone here to help!

Hang in there..you will be there for your babies for a long, long time!!
Unread 05-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Thank you so very much..you helped! A lot..my boys are my life as for the most part (14&7) I am theirs.
Unread 05-29-2011, 04:37 PM

It's normal to fear that something may go wrong. It's also normal to be especially worried when you have children or other dependents.

My surgery was just over 11 weeks ago. The surgery went very well, but I had respiratory problems in the recovery room that kept me there for 4 hours and in the hospital for an extra day of observation. Scary, but the hospital had a skilled staff who knew what to do and did it. I was and am fine. I feel sooo much better than I did before surgery. Absolutely no regrets!

The death rate for hysterectomies is very low. You are statistically more likely to die as a result of a traffic accident or any one of a number of diseases. Hang in there! The odds are on your side!
Unread 05-29-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headyna View Post
Thank you so very much..you helped! A lot..my boys are my life as for the most part (14&7) I am theirs.
You're welcome..I'm glad to help!
Unread 05-29-2011, 05:11 PM

I to have been just a bit concerned, not with my doctor's abilities because she is awesome. My concerns are with being put to sleep, but I take comfort in knowing that angels will be there with me. Good luck!
Unread 05-29-2011, 07:40 PM

Thank you..I have a few close Angels that I know for sure will be there! I'm having my surgery on what would of been my Mom's 62 birthday..I am sure she will be with me. Some others as well..and God of course.
Unread 05-30-2011, 11:07 AM

Oh my..please help! I am so nervous about this surgery I am almost ready to call it off!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register