Scheduled but on the fence | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled but on the fence Scheduled but on the fence

Unread 08-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Scheduled but on the fence

My Mother died of ovarian cancer at age 72. She is the only person in our family that has ever had cancer. My Doctors have been pressuring me to have a radical hysterectomy. I am in perimenopause . I skip periods, then get periods. I had one month of heavy periods and my Dr put me on aygestin. I had a horrible allergic reaction and had to take steroids to stop the progression of the rash. She does not want to do an ablation as she insists on the hysterectomy. I am so sick of them poking me and taking biopsies and prescribing medications that make me feel terrible. My Doctor tells me I will feel amazing after the hysterectomy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am not so confident in her carving ability after the medication she has given me. I took the BRAC test and I am waiting for results. At least I will be making a decision based upon information not speculation. I am exhausted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Re: Scheduled but on the fence

Have you gotten a second opinion? Have you been to a gyn-oncologist? Do you have pain/problems to where YOU feel YOU need a hysterectomy. I am 30, just had my hysterectomy 4 weeks ago. I have family hx of cervical cancer from an aunt and sister. I started out with mild displasia about 1 1/2 yrs ago. They treated it, then 6 months later it came back and was severe displasia, again biopsys and treatment. Within another 6 months it had progressed to stage 2 Cervical cancer, so I had a hysterectomy. You have to decide whats right for you. Ask alot of questions, be well informed. If you don't like the answers your getting, find another dr until you are satisfied. Be and advocate for yourself. Ask the dr WHY they think you NEED a hysterectomy. I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 08-15-2011, 06:08 AM

I went to a gyn oncologist 4 years ago when my Mom initially got sick. He was very low key about everything and did not support my GYN's suggestion then for a hysterectomy. He felt that my Mom was 70 when she was diagnosed and the likelihood of genetic predetermination was very unlikely. I felt great for the past four years accept for the anxiety created by my Dr. Of course I have pelvic ultrasounds every year and I am watched closely. I started skipping periods last year and i will go 3 months and then get 3 periods in a month. I have never had a heavy period with clots until this July and I became anemic. They stopped my period with synthetic progestin which was great accept I reacted to it with a horrible rash and allergic response. It gave me horrible hot-flashes and constipation beyond belief. So I know I cannot take synthetic hormones. In result of my low progesterone , I am not shedding my uterine lining the way I should and my doctor has done an endrometrial biopsy a couple of times. ( Both times it presented perfect) so no worries there. I just took the comprehensive BRAC test last week to help me in my mind sever the genetic question. Your right it is a personal decision. I think I have thought too much about this and the mental stress is what is causing me to feel bad. I have been healthy all my life and I do not want to take things out to create other issues that I do not have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2011, 07:36 AM

If you are having trouble with the bleeding perhaps you could try birth control pills. I was taking them to control my periods even after I had my tubal. I can completely relate to the allergies. I am allergic to Beef, Pork, Chicken, Eggs, Onions, Corn, Cinnamon, and Gluten as well many enviornmental triggers. Before you completely discount hormones of any kind, whether it be b/c or some other synthetic hormone, make sure it wasn't just a filler or certain ingredent in the on that you took that your sensitive to. I had an allergic reaction to one of my medication and it was a filler, when they changed to another manufacturer all was fine. We all think too much and over analyize things at times. It's not a bad thing, it just means your concerned. Your not alone. If your test comes back and shows you are at risk, I would still go to a gyn-oncologist for a second opinion, especially if it has been several years since you have seen one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register